Motoko Kusanagi Fan Club

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:Someone should get Marto. He's our resident Motoko-fanboy. ^_^ And he's an artist too so maybe he could come up with something.

although we'd have to make the club somehow "drooling fanboy-proof." that might be kinda hard. :D
O_O I'm the motoko fanboy? NEVER don't say such things. Next thing you know we might know that I love the first movie to death, and if that happens, then what? Jeff's fan enough to make a forum and a site for the show? PLEASE. Lunacy, I tell ya...
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Sorry, the manga's motoko has never stopped striking me as a brute-she-male in some instances! ^^ SHES SO ADORABLE!!!!!

marto

(I've been a fan for fourteen years, and I'm still crazy about her!)
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Feh. I love the pink one! The pink one is great Saito, don't abandon it! They're all great, but the pink and white one really stands out to me (perhaps because it's not so dull and predictable). I'm not really a particularly pink person, but in your banner it has a real beauty and grace to the design. And it does fit with the SAC Motoko you are using very well- she does have, after all, rather pinkish eyes. In fact, regardless of how "dark" or "brooding the SAC Motoko may be, the colours on her basic design are oddly feminine and cheerful (the pink eyes and purple hair). Why be colour-phobic of the colour pink? It's very Japanese, the design (they can deal with light grace and elegance over there, unlike western fanboys and their "everything must be HEAVY AND BLACK AND MANLY!!!" mentality...).
Anyhow:
Please please please Saito, believe the pink is appreciated! It really is! It's extremely tasteful and nice, don't let people tell you different. And remember, we're cheering for a pink eyed Motoko here. To deny pink as a colour that could connect to is to deny the Major's current design (or some of her manga shots). Or the pretty panels of the original manga where her hair was a bit on the pink side. Heck, she was sipping tea amongst the cherry blossoms in that manga. So Motoko can be genteel, refined and pink if she wants to be. 8) Get with the 21st century, lol!
You humble me with your kind words *bows*

I never had any intention of 'abandoning' the pink sig pic as it's personally my favourite one too. Pink is not a feminine colour to me, I think pink as a feminine colour os more of a cliche!. It is a colour of humanity and of freshness and life. In Japan the cherry blossom is celebrated as a sign of flower turning to fruit and bringing energy, life and continuation. Pink is the colour of flesh and of a healthy complexion. Like I said, my sigs looked at different aspects of Motoko, and that one was acceleration of her humanity, rather than her cold and tough side.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

marto_motoko wrote:Sorry, the manga's motoko has never stopped striking me as a brute-she-male in some instances! ^^ SHES SO ADORABLE!!!!!

marto

(I've been a fan for fourteen years, and I'm still crazy about her!)
Is it really that long?? Dear lord. I feel old :P

I feel compelled to do a movie Motoko sig. I'll add it to the pile along with the forum theme artwork. I have substantial time off work this week so I may be able to get onto some of that :)
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...