Pro or Against GiTS Live-Action Adaptation?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Are you for, or against the creation of a live-action Adaptation of Ghost In The Shell?

Yes! Live-action would improve GiTS immersion etc.
6%
Sure. I've been waiting for more GiTS content.
12%
Maybe. We'll see how it turns out.
41%
No. A live-Action Adaptation would only hurt GiTS's rep.
41%

Total votes: 34

GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

marto_motoko wrote:
Chesire Cat wrote:Hmmm. I can almost imagine them casting some mainstream Hollywood actress as the Major, turning section 9 into an American faction (secret service-ish), changing the names of its members, Batou and Motoko in a sex scene just for the sake of it (or at the very least making out), and throwing in tons of cheesy cliches, and preachy dialogue.

Sheesh, the possibilities are endless. Haha! And to think that those are just a few of the horrors that randomly pop into my head whenever I think GitS Live-Action Film. :P

....Y'know....as sickening as this'll sound, now that you mention it, how can they NOT restrain from making a random sex scene with Motoko and Batou?! They'll completely defile the sanctity of their distant relationship which is never supposed to be a awakened if they do that kind of bullshit. >: ( GAWD I'm getting angry simply thinking about it....

mm
speaking of sex scene, I came across a rather disturbing flash game. Batou vs. Motoko...they aren't fighting...haaha. Sorry you're gonna have to look for it yourselves.... Wierded me out.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

:lol: I just googled.. what strange things people do with their time. :oops:
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

O.o That was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

Probably even beats the obese motoko fanart I saw on Deviant Art.....

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

My eyes, MY EYES!!!!

*runs for some soap*

Seriously though, that's pretty blatent. You kinda got the general idea before you even got there when that dreaded H word appeared across the screen. Overall a big no, just... NO ;)
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And that's all I have to say on the matter.
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I second that.. erm... motion.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Associating the word "motion" to that video makes me want to scrub my skin with one of those metal sponges. :( I feel gross all over.....

As for the movie, I wonder if they'll do the infamous tank battle. That has been a signature for everything Ghost in the Shell created.

In SAC we had Motoko topping that tank where the man had died and his brain was controlling it.
In SSS her prosthetic strattled the scientist before he went bye bye.
In the game the final boss was a tank.
In the movie, obviously, it was the beginning of the whole tank ordeal, having become one of the most iconic cinematics in movie and anime alike.

:) I want tank.

mm
Saito

Post by Saito »

In SAC there was also the battle with the Armed Suit in the hotel, that was very much influenced by the tank battle in the original film.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Saito wrote:In SAC there was also the battle with the Armed Suit in the hotel, that was very much influenced by the tank battle in the original film.
Tha famous no mercy scene. Thats one of my favorites. :twisted:
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

There was just something EXTREMELY creepy about her when she ended up shooting the guy with the sniper rifle at point blank. She was RUTHLESS! :shock: I like my Motoko when she's scary, but I'd rather that doesn't happen more than three times. ....scary cyber lady....

mm
Saito

Post by Saito »

Yeh she got really scary in that scene. Shooting someone at point blank range with Saito's favourite rifle piece is pretty harsh, it's not exactly a kiddies pop gun to say the least, the damn thing fires shells that must be going on for 18mm!

Even the Major gets an attack oft he red mist sometimes, then agai nwhat do you expect when someone blows your damned arm off then tries to crush you head by standing on it.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

marto_motoko wrote::) I want tank.
Yep, tank fight as well as Motoko dropping from a high-rise, disappearing under the shroud of optical camoflage!
Saito

Post by Saito »

Don't forget the nonchalant hand movement across the face, that was absolutely classic :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Saito wrote:Don't forget the nonchalant hand movement across the face, that was absolutely classic :)
It was written in her eyes, "Now you see me," very blunt, rather unattractive yet completely kickass hand motion, "...Now you don't. Watcha gunna do 'bout it?"

:P
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

That scene was the one that shows that she is still human more than any other. The rage in her shows that no matter how cyberized she is there is still a living persons soul locking inside all those parts.

She has always done somethings that are kind of creepy :twisted: The first time I ever saw her she was assassinating a diplomat. So it seems she has ending life. then she faught off a tank to save a cyberbrain.

I guess we should have started a new thread for this topic
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.