Live chat room wanabe, Dose bato like the magor pole

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Hello

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Hi,
Im new too!

Yep I'm pretty sure Batou likes the major.

Personally I think he is too nice and sensitive for someone as hardcore as her.

Also, I have an friend who also is dyslexic but wont go online because he is worried about his spelling and so on. Im glad you came on! Maybe he will from your example.

Someone should make laughing man smilies!!! If I had one I would put it here!

~Tonks~
ghost

Re: Hello

Post by ghost »

[quote="Tonks_kittygoth"]Hi,
Im new too!

Yep I'm pretty sure Batou likes the major.

Personally I think he is too nice and sensitive for someone as hardcore as her.

Also, I have an friend who also is dyslexic but wont go online because he is worried about his spelling and so on. Im glad you came on! Maybe he will from your example.

Someone should make laughing man smilies!!! If I had one I would put it here!
[quote]
I'm glad I can serve as an example for other dyslexics, :roll: I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not ? Anyway I think it's great someone could understand what I wrote as the title of this topic.
It's such a mess, anyway I think the magor is'nt as hard as you might think. And tell your friend whats the worst that could happen :)
Last edited by ghost on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

:)

Hi,
I meant it as a compliment, so please do take it as one!

I suppose the Major may be nicer than she seems, I guess I'm still holding a grudge from when she sent the Tachikoma's away to be killed off or reprogramed. It was lucky they didn't get rid of all of them! I suppose she thought they were dangerous, but still... anyways, Ill give her more chances I suppose.

:roll: :wink:
ghost

Post by ghost »

Nice avatar :wink: !! Anyway, I think your right about the major, and the tachikoma's. But that's not the same as her personal feallings. Her job, and her personal life, are compleatly differant things I hope :D Anyway
it's all the same so long as you think of her as the major from SAC. I was talking about the major in the movie. :oops:
Tonks_kittygoth

Oh, really,
Im sorry, if you said, I didnt catch it.

Well, In the all the continums I think B. does have feeling for her. They seem more sweet, and more subtle than in the others. It is so nice how he brings her coat.... and so sad when everyone talks about her and he says nothing.
mm i wish you could read After the long goodbye.... do you have any one who would read it to you? I doubt there is a bookon tape. Obviously you can you read, im guessing from my friend that its just slow. I think He has it much worse than you. He has to use voice software for the computer and everything. God that must be so annoying.( If you dont, I could maybe send you tapes over the summer when I have more time. My husband hasnt read it yet either, so maybe we could trade off reading. :) I hate to promise anything though cause Im always so busy.)
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
ghost

Post by ghost »

I'm not sure I've herd of "After the long goodby" I think I have. By the way I happen to be a prity fast reader 8) , I don't know if your friend would be interrested in this, but I know of a school where he could get some really good help with his dyslexcia. It's called "the davis dyslexia reading reserch center" it's a great place, and I learned so much on how to manage my gift, and! how to use it to my advantage!, in stead of just strugilling to get by in school. There is also a book by the davis center if you, or your friend is interrested, let me know. :)

Anyway I agree that the Batou in the movie is much more sutble, than in the rest of the "continums" as you put it.

P.S. I can probable find a copy of "After the long goodby" in the local book store. If you really want to trade off reading that is ?
Tonks_kittygoth

Cool! Ill tell my friend. He is sort of a friend of a friend, so Ill get the message to him about that center. I know he hardly reads at all and it comes up as a job problem alot, so maybe they could help him.

I have After the long goodbye, I was just guessing on my friends issues that
you may have a hard time reading. He uses books on tape, so I figured I could maybe do a very amature book on tape for you if you needed it. Glad you dont, reading is so much fun. Im in school to be a literature proffessor, so as you can guess, I am a huge bookworm.

But pick up that book, its very good. It is actually better than I expected. I think you really will enjoy it! It gives you a lot of insite into Batou's feelings. Plus if you like dogs, Gabriel is in it alot. :D
ghost

Post by ghost »

Bookworms rule!! I had no idea you where so well schooled, (I mean that as a compliment :) ) I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the next few years of my life, but that's so cool your going to be a literarie proffressor, my cusin just got her degrie of philosiphy from the university long beach,califonia, And thanks for offerring to make me a book on tape, I really appriesheate it (I think I just misspelled "appriesheate" woooooppss!), :). I Just realized I'm going to have to look for "that" book online, I happen to live in a town where anything other than hauky, explosive, or bolth is frowned apon, namely anime and all it's related topics, Noooooooo!!! Northern Minnesota is so wight bread I can't stand it!
Have you seen the second movie ? The resson I ask, is becouse I think it's the only one where you get to see what it's like for batou to spend time alone, or at least with no humans around. I was so shocked when I first saw his apartment in Innosences. It's so neat and drabb, It's like a old gray book stor or something. I allways pictured it a bit more stylish, or
least a little more colorfull.

By the way GOOD! luck in school, And I love dogs!
Tonks_kittygoth

I mean that as a compliment Smile
Thank you! :oops:

I love learning things, I guess it is kinda my hobby. I never was to Northern Min. but I imagine it is pretty boring. Sometimes I think I want to live out of the city, then I think I would go mad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142150 ... e&n=283155

There is the link to buy that book.

Yes I love the movie. I actually like his apt. alot. I think it is very atmosphereic. Plus he has lots of books. :D It reminds me of the movie Blade Runner. Dekkard's apt. was sort of similar. The super neat thing about that scene is the detail, you can read all the labels on the food, and even some book titles I think.

Also I love Gabriel's fish toy.

In the book you are reading from his perspective the entire time. It is writen like an old time detective novel. If you like it, read some Dashell Hammet's the Maltesse Falcon.

By the way GOOD! luck in school
Thanks! Ill need it! :D
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I don't think Batou likes her in the "romantic" sense of the word (like, he has a crush on her or is holding a torch for her or something). To me they have the closeness of colleages or friends who work closely together and have a certain understanding of each other that others would not. It's nice, it's warm but not too sentimental for the situation it's set in, and it's how people should be. But it does not translate to "he's in love with her". At least, that is the impression I got from the manga and the films. In Innocence, he also clearly has an obsession with the idea of what she's become... I don't know, they're like old war buddies, working together to the end; even "beyond the grave", as it were. They're professionals, that's who they are; and the equality and respect their friendship/working relationship is built on is very nice (although I still don't love her herself as a character in the manga at times). I don't know about SAC though as I haven't seen all of it; maybe their relationship is framed differently?
ghost

Post by ghost »

I would just like to set the tiltle of this subject strate once and for all!!!!
"Live chat room wan-a-be, dose batuo like the major? Poll"
in other words, I was talking about the idea of a chat room, and a poll, if batou likes the major......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I don't understand. I just thought that you're grammar was odd and that you were wanting a discussion on Motoko and Batou. And that you were a "live chatroom wannabe". Which no-one would really have an opinion on. I still don't know what you wanted the thread to be though. But at least it created a good discussion anyway :D
Tonks_kittygoth

I dont think it is possible to do the live chatroom thing, especially since most of us live in very differnt time zones. I can start up a poll for you though.