Greetings.

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

the_shadow

Greetings.

Post by the_shadow »

Hello. My name is The_Shadow. I am extremely interested in Motoko Husanagi. My interest is a mutual one at that. Is anyone capable of giving me insight into Motoko, or does anyone know where I might find her?
~The Shadow~
~Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.~
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

There are three different Motoko Kusanagi's, one from the manga, one from the films and the other one from Stand Alone Complex TV series, if you are interested in finding out her try searching for her on the wikipedia site, but you will get spoilers of future episodes about her, so if you don't want to get spoiled, I would suggest watching the Stand Alone Complex episodes from the beginning that way you will get to know about her.

For a brief description of her in Stand Alone Complex go to http://www.ghostintheshell.tv/, then click on the Characters link and then click on the image of Motoko Kusanagi and you will get a brief introduction about her.
Jeni Nielsen

Re: Greetings.

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

the_shadow wrote:Hello. My name is The_Shadow. I am extremely interested in Motoko Husanagi. My interest is a mutual one at that. Is anyone capable of giving me insight into Motoko, or does anyone know where I might find her?
Just so you know, I did make an introduction topic for this kind of thing...

and how can your own personal interest be mutual? Or are you saying that other people here have similar interests?
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

I think he's trying to say that he would like to know Motoko Kusanagi personally. Not exactly a rare wish among the otaku, but rather impossible to realize.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Lightice wrote:I think he's trying to say that he would like to know Motoko Kusanagi personally. Not exactly a rare wish among the otaku, but rather impossible to realize.
The word mutual stood out to me...

Silly Otaku. :P

Anyhow... that wasn't really directed at you the_shadow (or should I call you just Shadow? or Mr. Shadow?)

Welcome to the forum. Follow the rules and I won't have to keel you. With words. And sticks. joking joking..
the_shadow

Correction

Post by the_shadow »

I apologize for my unexpected breach of etiquette. I indeed would like to know Motoko Kusanagi personally, for I have heard she is willing to grant political asylum to those who need it. Lightice seems to understand where I am coming from. Could it be that Lightice and I have certain...similarities? For every life born like a node into a stream of information that is life, only a few have ever been able to recognize compatriots and like-minded people, even though it is as simple as seeing a reflection in a mirror, yet it even though it does not look like you, there are similarities beneath the synthetic skin.
~The Shadow~
~Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.~
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

He's (or she's) playing "let's pretend". Either that, or they really believe that they are living in the world of GitS. Although I have to admit that I also find Motoko Kusanagi's mutual interest in the_shadow kind of funny as well. As to finding her, you don't have to look very far. We are all Motoko, in our own way (at least, the movie's version). It's sort of like trying to find God... Just look for it somewhere in the soul of the person next to you. Err, anyway, enough indulging the strange one people...