Ghost In The Shell By The Numbers

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

NotAnAverageAnimeFan

Ghost In The Shell By The Numbers

Post by NotAnAverageAnimeFan »

I bought the Ghost in the Shell Special Edition DVD recently and I noticed the extensive number of language tracks on it. This got me thinking, just how popular is Ghost In The Shell? How many fans of the film are there? How many fans of the series are there? How many fans of the manga are there? How many fans are there in each country, region, and in total?
marto_motoko

Re: Ghost In The Shell By The Numbers

Post by marto_motoko »

NotAnAverageAnimeFan wrote:I bought the Ghost in the Shell Special Edition DVD recently and I noticed the extensive number of language tracks on it. This got me thinking, just how popular is Ghost In The Shell? How many fans of the film are there? How many fans of the series are there? How many fans of the manga are there? How many fans are there in each country, region, and in total?
How many? Very many. Extremely good series, with one of the largest anime followings. Not only, but majority of the fans are people of intellect, which is always a plus.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
tkohlmetz

Post by tkohlmetz »

If it has such a hugh fan base, why can I never find any cool merch?

Ok nevermind, I guess it doesn't have the huge fanbase here in Toronto.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

tkohlmetz wrote:If it has such a hugh fan base, why can I never find any cool merch?

What kind of merchandise are you talking about? There are plenty of T-shirts, action figures etc. You just need to know where to look.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
tkohlmetz wrote:If it has such a hugh fan base, why can I never find any cool merch?

What kind of merchandise are you talking about? There are plenty of T-shirts, action figures etc. You just need to know where to look.
See, the thing with Ghost in the Shell merchandise, is that it's just like the show - Non-appreciative when it comes to tacky, gaudy, overdone, or stupid things. Heck, even the Tachikoma plush toys were pushing it, in that they're not something like the figurines. Ghost in the Shell has always been very particular with what is made for the series.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?