Now I'm a twit, too

Twitter info for intheShell
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Now I'm a twit, too

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I swore I hated things like FaceBook and Twitter. But now ... well, I'll give tweeting a try. (FaceBook is another story--ain't going there! :twisted: )

You should be able to check @neomythos_shell for the various tidbits I manage to put out there. Some of them will link back here to interesting discussions or to more info. As I figure out how to use Twitter it will become more savvy and cool. Right now, I can't even find myself to follow me.

Stay tuned!
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
samusaran253

Post by samusaran253 »

Why not Facebook?
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Actually, I'm now on Facebook as well. :oops: I had to join because it was the only way some of my uni lecturers stayed in touch. (And now I'm building an entire network of friends ...)
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Actually, I'm now on Facebook as well. :oops: I had to join because it was the only way some of my uni lecturers stayed in touch. (And now I'm building an entire network of friends ...)
Beware! Some of us are quite frightening IRL! And some of it shows on FB.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Oh, I know ... *shudders* I know ...

:lol:
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Freitag

Re:

Post by Freitag »

Freitag wrote: Tue May 17, 2011 12:37 am
Jeff Georgeson wrote:Actually, I'm now on Facebook as well. :oops: I had to join because it was the only way some of my uni lecturers stayed in touch. (And now I'm building an entire network of friends ...)
Beware! Some of us are quite frightening IRL! And some of it shows on FB.
Update. Several years ago now.... I was kicked off FB because I refused to use my real name. One of my friends developed an acute case of TDS, quit his job, moved his family to the deep northeast corner of Iowa and became a Prepper. Because I refused to parrot "Orange man bad!" he reported me for violating the real names policy. FB demanded an identity theft starter kit (seriously they wanted scans of 3 of the possible 4 documents: drivers license, passport, social security card, credit card) to unlock my account. Like hell.

Since 2017 I've had more free time and I'm generally happier.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Re: Now I'm a twit, too

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Yeah, my update is I quit Facebook a few years ago because of all its data mining, and also the "you must use your own name" and "you can't have a business name; it has to be your personal account." I have to have some social media presence as a business, though, so I'm still on Twitter (although that's falling apart) and Instagram, and trying out alternatives like Spoutible. It can be a lot of work, though, and it's sometimes difficult to judge the return on investment. (I have two businesses, and I can't even keep up with Tweeting from both of those lol)
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Freitag

Re: Now I'm a twit, too

Post by Freitag »

I joined X (formerly Twitter) and tried to find you @neomythos_shell. Did you press the eject button there too?