Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

favorite anime series hands down - only close 2nd is Initial D (the original japanese version - not the crumby US "doctored" ones - ugh)

But GiTS SAC may be my favorite series of any televised show...either way, I believe that while we are all quiet on here, we are watching and we are not going away...

Welcome welcome! and as I am fairly new myself, please discuss anything that questions episodes or SSS; I want to engage in those kinds of convos that I know many of the older members already have...
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
Zidore

Hoi.

Post by Zidore »

Hello. Anyone there. Every body says that the site is abondoned and stuff but i think you're doing fine. GitS to me is inspirational. I saw it first in 2004. I had dropped out of my karate class (cool,huh?Haha!) But 3 days into GitS and i was back and man am i thankful! I got my 1st degree black belt last december and have a national bronze and silver.
The major also makes me wanna be pure in every sense. It's sacred, her mind. Remember how sad she was when she fried that tank engineer kago's in the 2nd episode of SAC? Sry for the rantings! Go section 9!
PS: to the moderators: the confirmation question in the membership form was very funny! Does it help? :shock: i just liked the smiley...
Violentidiot

Excited to be here

Post by Violentidiot »

This thread seems to be a bit dead, but I feel obligated to post in fear of bringing expectations onto myself.
Howdy, I'm a sophomore in high school. I first encountered GITS on Adult Swim in elementary school. At that time, I didn't understand the concept of the show at all since I didn't possess the maturity level required, so I ignored it until the 8th Grade. By my freshman year, I managed to watch the anime series (Whole 2 seasons) 3 times. I am now hooked.
I am also the anime club president of my high school. I have yet to meet someone in my school that appreciates or even watched GITS.
GITS is indeed inspirational, and changes my whole outlook on life and the like.
Freitag

Re: Excited to be here

Post by Freitag »

Violentidiot wrote:This thread seems to be a bit dead, but I feel obligated to post in fear of bringing expectations onto myself.
Howdy, I'm a sophomore in high school. I first encountered GITS on Adult Swim in elementary school. At that time, I didn't understand the concept of the show at all since I didn't possess the maturity level required, so I ignored it until the 8th Grade. By my freshman year, I managed to watch the anime series (Whole 2 seasons) 3 times. I am now hooked.
I am also the anime club president of my high school. I have yet to meet someone in my school that appreciates or even watched GITS.
GITS is indeed inspirational, and changes my whole outlook on life and the like.
Yaaay, new people!

Welcome aboard matey.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
shadowferret

Post by shadowferret »

Hello there.

I remember when I was a freshman in high school, I had stumbled upon this site and promptly registered. I'd just gotten into Ghost in the Shell, but I was a bit too young to really appreciate a lot of the content, so I couldn't really take part in any good philosophical discussions.

But now I'm 20, and I just remembered a place like this existed. I wonder if it's still alive at all? Regardless, if anyone is still active, it'll be interesting chatting and all. It feels like I'm at that point in life where I just want to open my mind to all kinds of new things, new ideas, and the like, but nowhere in my dull life can I find that stimulation.

Ah, but personal details... I liked Anime a lot when I was in High School, so my tastes may be a bit outdated. I love writing, and I feel like Ghost In The Shell has inspired it a lot, since my stories tend to be placed in the future, sometimes existing only in a web-based setting, or just in a metropolis of lights and computers like the cities found in GitS. Otherwise, I'm just a dude going to college, living with his mom and girlfriend.

It'd be great to get to know everyone/anyone here.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Welcome shadowferret! It's been a bit slow here lately, but we are still around.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
SamusTheHunter

Post by SamusTheHunter »

Hi all!! My name is SamusTheHunter!!!

I love anime and old Nintendo stuff!! IM kind of a hoplesd fangirl so please bear with me. I even support GITS pairings!
Samus loves Adam <3
Roy loves Riza <3
I love my pencil and paper <3
~I don't take shit from anyone. Don't forget that~
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Hi there Samus!

Umm, what's a GITS pairing? Google came up with zero hits. (By asking, did I just identify myself as like super lame or something?)
Amethyst

Post by Amethyst »

It's always nice to see a new face.