Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Konnichiwa Dark Metallurgist. Welcome to In The Shell.

*bows reverently*

This is indeed a GiTS forum. We are not flooded with posts but we tend to go on quality rather than quantity. Don't let that stop you posting though, all posts are gratefully received if they are polite and on topic*.

I'm always trying to get my head in gear to write something myself but I never find the motivation. Maybe I should organize myself better or something :\

I'm sure if you have any work you don't mind sharing we;d all like to have a muse :)

Have Fun and Enjoy :)

*off topic threads excepted of course!
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Dark Metallurgist wrote:Konichiwa all...

I hear this is a Ghost in the Shell forum...

Anyway... If the one above the one above me is a Batou fangirl then I suppose I would have to be a Motoko fanboy.

I started watching GitS a few months back and now have all the dvd's, its excellent.

I love sci-fi and my favourite sub-genre is Cyberpunk.

My main hobby is writing and i'm currently writing a sci-fi novel which will be the first part in a trilogy set within my own fictional universe with many possible continuations and short story series. Hopefuly all to be published although I write them for fun too ^_^ I also illustrate a few scenes too, in manga form of course!

Apart from Ghost in the Shell, my other favourite program is Doctor Who.
Ayello. This is a Ghost in the Shell forum, and a nice one at that.

...If you're referring to me, I'm a Batou fanboy. Jeni's the fangirl.

Is it the 1st or 2nd GiG you've got?
[BFCP] [LMFC] [BID] [TA] [TOSFU] [AFC] [DDT] [ATC]
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Hey Fainaru, Twelve and Dark (like my shortened names? :P)

Nice to meet you! Yay for FF lovers, and yay for FFVIII fans in particular (too many people aren't kind enough to that beautiful, lovely game :x ). Hooray for Motoko, hip hip hooray for Batou! And five thumbs up for Dr. Who (wha? Five thumbs? Meh- he can regenerate! :wink: ), and many more thumbs up to Japanese! Konbanwa!
AI

Post by AI »

yay for short names
[MKFC] [BFC] [TTAASI] [LDU] [LMFC]
"Who can gaze into the mirror without becoming evil? A mirror does not reflect evil, but creates it."
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

The cheshire cat here. I actually started watching GITS while I was flippin channels and stumbled on Stand Alone Complex. I just thought, "Hey, the girls pretty hot" lol. As I got into the series, and delved deeper into the genre (movies etc.) however, I really began to appreciate Ghost in the Shell for so many more things. It's always had an intelligent plot, a cast of interesting characters, philosophy, and stunning visuals to top it off.

Am I one of the younger guys here? I'm 19.
Damnd of Hell

Hi all

Post by Damnd of Hell »

Hello everyone. Please just disregard my screen name. It has served me well and kept my spam box to an almost empty status. And I'm also a Hellraiser fan. :D

My name is John, and I'm a resident of North East Pa.. My paying employment is as a patrolman with the Pa. State Capitol Police. I've been a cop for around twenty years now. I'm also a semi inactive rescue paramedic. I have an associate degree in Emergency medical services, and a B.A. in criminal justice, and a self defense and ASP instructor with my deparment. :D

I've also started to delve into screen writing. So far I've entered in several local and low key comititions. Won some quarter finalist standings as well as best screenplay twice at the Pocono Mountains Film Festival. I'm hoping that I can make this my second carrear after I retire.

I found Ghost in the Shell by accident. The usual flipping through the channels at night, and Got addicted. I find the creaters universe very compelling, and interesting on how such a society would be, and how changed the police would be.

So, hi all for now. :d
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

welcome Damnd!!!!
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Re: Hi all

Post by Saito »

Damnd of Hell wrote:Hello everyone.
Hi, welcome to the shell :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Damnd of Hell

hello

Post by Damnd of Hell »

:D Thank you both for the welcome.
Saito

Post by Saito »

You're... welcome :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Colmy_DD

hi there

Post by Colmy_DD »

hey i'm colmy_DD, ive been a fan of anime since a small child but only realised it when i was 12/13. Its amazing what the net has because ive thought about GITS as i do media studies and my corsework was based on innocents and the representation of women. There are elements of GITS that are coming to light in this day in age and though it is seen as a historical text, it holds contemporary issues that we are only just encountering. Weird how things repeat themselves.
What i'd thought i'd do is pretend to be one of those individuals... or should i??
Damnd of Hell

Hello

Post by Damnd of Hell »

Science Fiction has alway's been a harbinger of the future. HG Wells, Jules Verne, Ray Bradbury, Gene Rodenbery they were all visionists who protrayed what teh future would hold. If not the technical part at least the human part. 8)
Colmy_DD

Post by Colmy_DD »

that is true but what is to become of science fiction, will it die out or evolve into something organic away from machines??
What i'd thought i'd do is pretend to be one of those individuals... or should i??
Saito

Post by Saito »

Colmy_DD wrote:that is true but what is to become of science fiction, will it die out or evolve into something organic away from machines??
Science Fiction will simply advance further as new generations come up with even wilder ideas. This is the way it's been going for 100s of years. In Jules Verne's time no-one could have envisaged where we are now, or what fiction we would be writing about the future. Similarly now we cannot imagine what will be happing in the far future, or what the minds of the time will be thinking about then.

Just my 2 cents. Welcome to In The Shell :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Colmy_DD

thanks

Post by Colmy_DD »

thank you. :D