Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I can't help but agree there is a lot of deep and very mind-bending philosophy in the two movies, but there's a lot in SAC too, but it's not from quite the same kinda slant. The Philosophy in SAC is more sociological psychology, stuff like memes, and the spread and influence of information. It often takes a wider view than the deep reaching psychology of the self that is seen in the films.

Sorry, I'm wandering off topic. Erm.... Welcome to anyone new... yeh, hi.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Torvald89

Post by Torvald89 »

Thanks for the welcome.

marto_motoko wrote:Philosophy of the two movies is where the good stuff is, in my opinion. :D
Looks like I have to see the movies!
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Torvald89 wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

marto_motoko wrote:Philosophy of the two movies is where the good stuff is, in my opinion. :D
Looks like I have to see the movies!
I thought there were three movies :shock: :P Hello New People and Welcome
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Saito wrote:I can't help but agree there is a lot of deep and very mind-bending philosophy in the two movies, but there's a lot in SAC too, but it's not from quite the same kinda slant. The Philosophy in SAC is more sociological psychology, stuff like memes, and the spread and influence of information. It often takes a wider view than the deep reaching psychology of the self that is seen in the films.

Sorry, I'm wandering off topic. Erm.... Welcome to anyone new... yeh, hi.
LOL, you wanna learn about memes go to 4chan
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

One does not simply <<insert witty phrase here>> into Mordor!
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I'm pretty sure he meant it in the Dawkins sense of the word..

but just in case
MOAR COWBELL!
Saito

Post by Saito »

Sorry, the Mordor joke is the first thing that enters my mind when anyone mentions 4chan ;). it also happens to be a very strong meme on 4chan too :P
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Yes, but do you liek Mudkipz
FainaruFantaji

Post by FainaruFantaji »

Hello everyone. I don`t know what to tell about myself...
Ummm...
My favourite game ever is Final Fantasy. My favourite anime series are Ghost in the Shell and Madlax. I love CG and because of that I chose to study 3D modelling. On my free time I`m learning Spanish and Japanese languages. I`m obsessed with computers and I sometimes work as a computer technologist.

My favourite GITS character is Motoko, it might seem stupid but I`m trying to be as smart as she is.
Guess that`s all... Oh I love pasta just like Madlax.
"...Yup, pasta.."
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Hi FainaruFantaji! Welcome to the Boards!

Final Fantasy is one of my favorites, too. Especially VIII and X. Do you have a particular fave?

Cheers!
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
FainaruFantaji

Post by FainaruFantaji »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Hi FainaruFantaji! Welcome to the Boards!

Final Fantasy is one of my favorites, too. Especially VIII and X. Do you have a particular fave?

Cheers!
Jeff

I`ve already posted in the thread about FFs, but I hope it`s alright if I answer your question here too. My personal favourite is FFVIII.

And thanks for such a warm welcome.
Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Yellow. I'm Individual Twelve, recently activated user and Batou fanboy. My favourite GITS is Stand Alone Complex 1st GiG, and my fave episode is Jungle Cruise... since it's got a good history to it, has a powerful ending and shows a different side of Batou. Plus, watching Batou chase a psychopathic murderer through the sewers whilst Fish- Silent Cruise plays in the background will always be awesome.
Fainaru Fantaji wrote:My favourite game ever is Final Fantasy.
So I see from your name. :P I've got five FF games- IV Advance, VI, VII, X and XII. So far, I love 'em all but VII and IV take the cake. I aim to own at least one form of each mainstream FF title up to XII (since XIII is due for PS3... :evil: ).
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Individual Twelve wrote:Yellow. I'm Individual Twelve, recently activated user and Batou fanboy. My favourite GITS is Stand Alone Complex 1st GiG, and my fave episode is Jungle Cruise... since it's got a good history to it, has a powerful ending and shows a different side of Batou. Plus, watching Batou chase a psychopathic murderer through the sewers whilst Fish- Silent Cruise plays in the background will always be awesome.
HI! Resident Batou fangirl here. I think we'll get along swimmingly. ^_^
Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:HI! Resident Batou fangirl here. I think we'll get along swimmingly. ^_^
Heheh... I think I agree. So, what's your favourite Batou ep?
Dark Metallurgist

Post by Dark Metallurgist »

Konichiwa all...

I hear this is a Ghost in the Shell forum...

Anyway... If the one above the one above me is a Batou fangirl then I suppose I would have to be a Motoko fanboy.

I started watching GitS a few months back and now have all the dvd's, its excellent.

I love sci-fi and my favourite sub-genre is Cyberpunk.

My main hobby is writing and i'm currently writing a sci-fi novel which will be the first part in a trilogy set within my own fictional universe with many possible continuations and short story series. Hopefuly all to be published although I write them for fun too ^_^ I also illustrate a few scenes too, in manga form of course!

Apart from Ghost in the Shell, my other favourite program is Doctor Who.