It's finally happened ...

What's that? Site Update?! It's happening now!
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Thank you for the compliments!

I wish I had a short answer for why I wasn't around, but I don't, really. My business has really taken off, so I'm incredibly busy (I laugh at those commercials that tell you being your own boss means you'll only work part-time and rake in millions--I'd work fewer hours if I worked for someone else, and I wouldn't have to worry about all the taxes, expenses, who owes me what and when, etc.), but that ends up being an excuse in the end. And then all the spambots started taking over and it felt like a burden trying to keep the boards floating above the noise. I really feel bad that I left a lot of it to Jeni ... it really was my responsibility and I should have been here and dealt with it all sooner, etc.

... AHEM ... enough wallowing ...

I'm VERY pleased that a few people stayed around (either lurking or posting) and that there is still interest in GitS and these boards. Thank you all!

Jeff
No point kicking yourself. The site survived and with a little care the cobwebs will all soon be gone and from the looks of things it's already starting to wake up. Were all just glad your back and that you feel the site deserves to be maintained. :D
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I turned up really after it had died, so this all feels very new and exciting to me :D

I don't even actually know any of you guys/girls all that well even, but this pace still feels like a place I feel welcome and at home. Im really happy my continued optimism paid off in the end ;)

HAIL JEFF!!! :D
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

mrtodd wrote:Cor blimey! I didnt even know there was a website with this place too!!

Yikes you learn something new every day!
Totally off topic, but you just reminded me of Dragon Quest 8. God I have to play that again. "COR BLIMEY!" (best translation EVER!)
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Thank you for the compliments!
I really feel bad that I left a lot of it to Jeni ... it really was my responsibility and I should have been here and dealt with it all sooner, etc.

... AHEM ... enough wallowing ...
Enough wallowing indeed! You really don't have to feel bad about it. Life gets in the way of the internet sometimes y'know. You can't spend every waking hour in front of your computer... er right? ^_^
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

AWESOME !!! :P

I honestly thought (even only a couple of weeks ago) that this forum was definitely dead, but I am glad to see that I was completely wrong!

The site looks great, a lot of people are already back ... it only misses a new season or movie :lol:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Totally off topic, but you just reminded me of Dragon Quest 8.
You really are becoming quite the rpg person these days then, lol! Last time I was here I think you were talking about getting into FF7, lol.

Anyway; yes yes the site update is very neat ^_^ I like the fact that there are actually images for each thing, though I/we need to get screen capping and adding a lot more. I miss the days of Anime Web Turnpike, where there were a dozen or so image galleries and screencap sites for every good anime on the list.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Yeah, I was amazed to discover I only had a few images from each thing (and nothing from some of them--I had to get official pics from some of the production companies' sites). Plus I also see that my GitS film pics are the ones I captured from videotape before the millennium ... :shock:

I'm slowly modding the boards; for now, at least we have a logo in the corner that doesn't say "phpBB" on it! Thanks to Saito for that one!

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

The link to "Penumbric Magazine" is down. Does it still exist. It seems like it would be very much worth seeing :) By the way, I love the GiTS Site. I didn't even know it was there
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Penumbric magazine, unfortunately, stopped publication at the end of 2004, so it doesn't exist except in scattered bits at the Internet Archives.

Did you try to get there from the link on the front of neomythos.com? Now there's another part of this domain I need to update :)

I'm glad you like the site! I'm going to keep adding to it as we go along.

Thanks!
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Penumbric magazine, unfortunately, stopped publication at the end of 2004, so it doesn't exist except in scattered bits at the Internet Archives.

Did you try to get there from the link on the front of neomythos.com? Now there's another part of this domain I need to update :)

I'm glad you like the site! I'm going to keep adding to it as we go along.

Thanks!
Jeff
Yes. I tried from the link. Then did a search. Theres another link there thats broken also :)
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I do have one little bity suggestion. :oops: In the "And More..." section. There is a thread called "Introduce Yourself" Shouldn't that be in the "Guest Book & Admin Notes Section"

Just a thought. It's kind of hidden where its at :wink:
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

No need to feel :oops: about making suggestions!

In this case, I agree; I was just thinking yesterday that that thread might do well as a topic of its own. Let me wave my magic wand and see what I can do :mrgreen:
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:I'm slowly modding the boards; for now, at least we have a logo in the corner that doesn't say "phpBB" on it! Thanks to Saito for that one!
Speaking of phpBB, would it be possible to upgrade to version 3? It adds a lot of nice new features, and there are a lot of cool skins around :wink:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I may shift to phpBB3 at some point in the near future, but not quite yet. Version 2 seems to be working just fine, and the various mods I've used (anti-spam, etc) are also working. I want to wait and see if there are any bugs discovered in v3 and sort out whether I can use the same mods (or if I'd need to).

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

10 Feb 2008 update

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Small site update: I've added my review of Solid State Society. I loved the middle, was bored by the beginning and wasn't sure about the end. You can see it here:

http://www.neomythos.com/intheshell/solidstate.shtml

Also, the little logo in the corner of the Boards keeps evolving. Thank Saito again for the new one!

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games