Stand Alone Complex for PS2

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Actually doing the double jump.
i can't get the time or the distance she eather slides down the wall or just doesn't jump far enough.
Its a great game aart from this one hugh issue.
BTW im on the crashed train level.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

AJB2K3 wrote:Actually doing the double jump.
i can't get the time or the distance she eather slides down the wall or just doesn't jump far enough.
Its a great game aart from this one hugh issue.
BTW im on the crashed train level.
I think practice will help you with that. I've honestly invested over a year in that game, and have never found anything repetative, except for Challenge mode vs the final boss with no infinite amo, or preselect guns. :cry: I just can't do it....

As for the train stage, I love it! It's a personal favourite! Have fun with the double jump wall area, in which you have to solve a puzzle requiring you to do more double jumping than you do in the whole game! To you, that will be hell. I wish I could just do if for you, because from the sound of it, you'll be completely discouraged after that. :(

Best of luck! :D

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

i've been having fun with this game. I've only been playing the first level. my favorite is hacking into the other people...especially the sniper towers where i try to snipe as many comrades before i leap off the tower. that, plus suicide by grenade. i suppose i'll eventually play the next level, but i wanna master each one seamlessly before i move on. well worth the $9.99!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:i've been having fun with this game. I've only been playing the first level. my favorite is hacking into the other people...especially the sniper towers where i try to snipe as many comrades before i leap off the tower. that, plus suicide by grenade. i suppose i'll eventually play the next level, but i wanna master each one seamlessly before i move on. well worth the $9.99!

Hahaha, only 9.99? I remember when I got mine for 49.99! :D Those were the days of yore!

mm
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I'm so disappointed that I've never seen it in the shops..
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Elmo_Redux wrote:I'm so disappointed that I've never seen it in the shops..
Wait, so you've never played it?

If you haven't that's a shame. The game captures the essence of Ghost in the Shell perfectly. The environments and characters are more than true to themselves, and in specific there's this one stage, where near the area you're in a chinatown area, and the place is exactly as if though it was taken out of the first movie! Really impressive. The tachikomas look and feel great to play with, Batou looks awesome (has four neat outfits), and Motoko's even cooler. :)

Game's worth it.

mm
Lex

Post by Lex »

I beat the game twice now, and I still am having a lot of trouble understanding the story, well, I understand it all actually, finally now I understand it. But I am confused. There is a part where they say we are fighting puppets, AI's that are being controlled. Does that mean that the human looking people that we shoot at and see blood splat out of them and all are nothing but puppets controlled by her?
A swirling mess of hatred and anger
Locke

Post by Locke »

marto_motoko wrote:
I can assure you, that site is 100% quality, and I'm a very sworn member of it. I have gotten a large majority of my Ghost in the Shell, and other items from there. Every soundtrack I have bought was from there, and all of them are perfect quality, and authentic. No fraud.

Well then, I'll pay them a visit! I need to get volumes 1-6 to fill the rest of my metal box. :[
"Humanity does not ask us to happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf."
M4nu3l

Post by M4nu3l »

I haven't played it, but i want to.
barney

Post by barney »

haven`t been able to get hold of the ps1 game,but loved the ps2 gits:sac one.only found 118/120 jameson fans,gave up on the last 2 about a year ago so well done indeed to all who found them unaided!
will probably drop less-than-subtle hints to my kids regarding the prima strategy guide for my birthday later this year...and I defy anyone to finish the last level from the very hard difficulty level onwards without infinite ammo on.
thought some of the end level opponents were a bit weaker than expected (not saying which ones-don`t want to spoil the fun for anyone who hasn`t played it yet or progressed through it yet), but a good buy,especially for a 2nd hand copy as part of a`2 for £20`offer (oddly enough,I never saw it on sale when it first came out),and liked the fact that the english dub cast reprised their roles.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

Would a Game Stop have this game still? Also, was it made for the US PS2?

I would really want to play this, but I'm at a loss for how to go about getting it... :(
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
Damnd of Hell

Post by Damnd of Hell »

Try Amazon, I think they have it.
It does not matter wheather one belongs to the upper or lower ranks. If you have not placed your life on the line, at least once, there is cause for shame.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

cool thanks. And if I find it, it will work on my plain PS2?
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"