Stand Alone Complex for PS2

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Stand Alone Complex for PS2

Post by marto_motoko »

One year, and one month now, and I finally managed to get all of the flags. So tell me folks, what was your opinion of this game, the music and everything else about it, and most of all:

How many of you actually managed to get all 120 flags?
I did it, but to everyone else who did, I give you my highest respect for the patience you have. :)
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I got them all, but I'll admit I used online FAQs. Cutos to you if you didn't! Those things are very well hidden.

Anyway, overall, I enjoyed the game. Being able to play as Motoko is alot of fun, although I do wish they had more levels with you playing as a Tachikoma (that was fun :D ). As for the music I'm really tempted to turn it on and play again because I remember nothing of the music. Which is weird because, being a vgm fan, the music is the first thing I notice.

Did music even play while you where walking around? And did Yoko compose for the game, or did they just take stuff from the S.A.C OSTs?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

You can buy the OST with the music from the video game online.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Black Mamba wrote:......

Did music even play while you where walking around? And did Yoko compose for the game, or did they just take stuff from the S.A.C OSTs?
Shame on you for calling yourself a vgm person! :lol:

There was a beautiful ambient techno composed for the game, and every stage had several very nice songs. I'm not sure if Yoko Kano was the maker, but the soundtrack is gorgeous. Even though I haven't yet layed hands on the CD itself, I'll be ordering it soon. You can get it on AnimeCastle.com

It's the one with the red cover!

Thanks for mentioning that, Motoko2030. :) I wouldn't have thought of mentioning that they had one for sale!
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

marto_motoko wrote: Even though I haven't yet layed hands on the CD itself, I'll be ordering it soon. You can get it on AnimeCastle.com

Are you sure that's a legitimate site? Some of the stuff seems almost suspiciously cheap and they seem to sell Hong Kong imports along with other stuff...

Yeah, I'm suspicious, but in the Net the unusually good deals tend to be not so good, after all.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Lightice wrote:
marto_motoko wrote: Even though I haven't yet layed hands on the CD itself, I'll be ordering it soon. You can get it on AnimeCastle.com

Are you sure that's a legitimate site? Some of the stuff seems almost suspiciously cheap and they seem to sell Hong Kong imports along with other stuff...

Yeah, I'm suspicious, but in the Net the unusually good deals tend to be not so good, after all.
I used to go there all the time. All the stuff they say isn't Hong Kong is legit. And the hong kong bootlegs they sell are never of series you could buy legitimately in the US. So I trust them implicitly. So don't worry about them. It's some of the other anime discount sites I'd worry about.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I liked the into music and the remix version of it more. The Link album is not composed by Yoko Kanno but it is stil good though it has different style.
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Lightice wrote:

I can assure you, that site is 100% quality, and I'm a very sworn member of it. I have gotten a large majority of my Ghost in the Shell, and other items from there. Every soundtrack I have bought was from there, and all of them are perfect quality, and authentic. No fraud.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Well, that's good news. In that case, I might make some purchases from there, myself...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Lightice wrote:Well, that's good news. In that case, I might make some purchases from there, myself...

Good stuff, nice prices, very good quality! :D I promice you woun't regret it! Oh! By the way, the also have the special version of the PS1 game ost there too! :D That thing was hard to find otherwise.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

marto_motoko wrote:
Lightice wrote:Well, that's good news. In that case, I might make some purchases from there, myself...

Good stuff, nice prices, very good quality! :D I promice you woun't regret it! Oh! By the way, the also have the special version of the PS1 game ost there too! :D That thing was hard to find otherwise.
You can also check out some of my reviews there. ^_^

(I've reviewed Captain Tylor and Arc The Lad among other things... please ignore the typos)
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

I thought this game was terrible. I've only played through 40% of it or so, but I just can't continue on. The gameplay, level design, and music suck.

For anyone who wants to try out the game because you're a GITS fan like me, I strongly recommend just reading the Communication Log on GameFAQs. That will tell you the story of the game without having to be punished by the actual game. :P
H-street

Post by H-street »

it wasn't that bad.. i actually thought it was done better than other games i bought for 5$..

its definately not the best, but the controls where well done..

the graphics and cutscenes where top notch..

The gameplay itself i thought was pretty good.

story was a little weak (but then again, not many games have good stories)..

game itself was too short (only 15 levels)..

It was no god of war, but not many games are.
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Personaly i hate the game. i can not achieve the double jump moves.

BTW i have most of the songs on eather cd album or from more devious means.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

AJB2K3 wrote:Personaly i hate the game. i can not achieve the double jump moves.
In almost every place where I've seen you mention this game, or give your opinion, you seem really frustrated at the double jump. Actually, it seems like the double jump ruined everything for you for that game. I love the game, and never had any issues executing anything on it. So what exactly makes the double jump so hard for you? ^^ I hope I can help with some advice!

mm