Stand Alone Complex for the Sony PSP

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Stand Alone Complex for the Sony PSP

Post by Motoko2030 »

SAC for the Sony PSP is out, here is a brief outline of what you can do in the game.

You have up to four characters to choose from in the single player mode, Major Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, Saito and Togusa. You can use over 50 weapons but certain characters can only use certain weapons, like Batou can use the heavy weapons but Motoko cannot.

The game changes as you choose a character, what I mean by this is that Motoko is fast and agile, so you will need to use her when you need to be fast through the mission, while Batou is slow but he can use heavy weapons to take down the enemies. Togusa can use stealth since he is not a full cyborg and Saito has excellent aiming.

A Tachikoma comes with you on each mission and you can customize the Tachikoma before the mission starts.

During multiplayer, you can control Aramaki.
Lightice

Re: Stand Alone Complex for the Sony PSP

Post by Lightice »

Motoko2030 wrote: During multiplayer, you can control Aramaki.

So what ability he has? Smooth talk? :roll:

I haven't been terribly interested in the GitS games. They look a bit too typical action without the more interesting quirks of the original story. Some detective-work would have made them much more interesting...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

Post by Guest »

Would have been cool if Aramaki could talk to the enemy and make then switch sides and join him.
Like he did in london.
Jigabachi

Post by Jigabachi »

Anonymous wrote:Would have been cool if Aramaki could talk to the enemy and make then switch sides and join him.
Like he did in london.
Uhh.. in London? What are you talking about?
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

Its a late episode in 1st Gig. Aramki gets kidnapped and convinces the kidnappers to help them escape.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The episode's title where Aramaki was kidnapped in London and Motoko had to try and find him is called Angel's Share.
Jigabachi

Post by Jigabachi »

Oh yeah you are right...

Post by Guest »

I have found out that the PS2 game is still entertaining on repeat playings. Plus, the story is so complex, I learn more and more about it every time.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I picked up the Stand Alone Complex game for the Sony PlayStation Portable today from EB Games for $19.99. It is a great game, you can customize your Tachikoma with new weapons and attachments, you can choose your character and pick out the weapons for that character and the original SAC cast do the voices.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

:cry: I wish I had a psp. Is the game like the PS2 one or more fun?
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The SAC game for the PSP is a first person shooter, but the PSP only as one analog stick, so you need to use the triangle, square, x, and circle buttons to look up/look down, turn left/turn right.

You control one character and one Tachikoma, you can go inside the Tachikoma for extra protection and go through the map quickly. You as a player must defuse bombs, rescue hostages, etc.

The outline of this game is that the Niihama terror plot was just the beginning - Berutarbe in the northern region is celebrating its 20th anniversary return to the Kurile Islands, and Section 9 must investigate several mysteries in the surrounding area. You play as Section 9 members as use Motoko for agility, Batou for strength, Saito for his sniper skills and Togusa for his stealth.

You gain weapons for your character by taking them off the enemies and shooting gold Jameson type robots gives your Tachikoma a new weapon part, which you can attach.