Recommandation for a GITS game

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

ultace

Recommandation for a GITS game

Post by ultace »

I am asking for ur opinion on any of the GITS games out there and which u think is the best because i really want to play one of those but I don't want to buy a non enjoyable game so i would like ur 2 cents
H-street

Post by H-street »

best of the bunch is probably the PS2 game

PS1 was ok
PSP is worth it if you can get it for <10$. Poor controls are probably its biggest downfall.

the PS2 game at least has good controls, a decent story, and good action..

best part is you can get the PS2 game for <15$ at almost any gamestop/electronic boutique
ultace

Post by ultace »

yeah well i'l probley have to order it because none of the stores here have it checked disappointing cause now i'll have to pay for the shipping and handling
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Yeah, for it's anime sections the PS1 game is unmissable; but for gameplay you probably won't get your money's worth as it's fun for a while and then becomes too difficult to be enjoyable. You can use a level skip cheat, but actually only being able to beat 4 or 5 levels is not very fun.
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

I hate the ps2 version, i just cant make the double jumps and the hop from one building to the next.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I found both games to be relatively easy on the default setting. To me the PS1 game is a lot more fun because it's fast-paced and I really enjoyed all the wall-crawling. Of course, the PS2 game doesn't exactly reinvent gameplay, but it does have the advantage of actually having you play as the two main GitS protagonists...
Oh well.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Playstation GitS game is a legend. Amazing anime cut scenes, with really fun gameplay. Sure, it was hard, but for the time, wasn't that bad. And if you like a challenge, it definatelly delivers one. >_< The bosses in the later stage are too challenging though...

The PS2 game is my favourite one though. I like the gameplay mechanics, the stage design, and especially the music! I got the soundtrack for it, and listen to it quite frequently!

PSP game...I didn't like so much. Too choppy of controls!

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Rien

Post by Rien »

I knew about the games for years(and how they were hard as hell, but worth it), but I was so turned off by the Playstation fans who kept bashing Nintendo so I never got any of the Playstation(which I'll always regret). I plan to buy one eventually and make up for a lot of lost years starting with GitS. :D

In general, I'm weary of games based on mediums that didn't already start out as a video game(Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong etc.) since they tend to suck, but there are few goods ones I've heard about. I own one myself; Enter the Matrix(GameCube version) which actually ties into the movies and has great live action cut scenes. It was clearly rushed to be released with Reloaded so there were some glitches, but it was still fun; especially hacking mode even though I had to go to GameFAQ to learn how to do it.
Non conformity is an illusion for the ego.