Backstory of the PS1 Game

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

Slipstream

Backstory of the PS1 Game

Post by Slipstream »

Section 9 vs the HLF:

Events leading to the Aeropolis II incident.

Eighteen people were severely injured when 50 grams of C-6 were detonated at the Megatech Body Research & Development Division Headquarters. The HLF soon admitted responsibility with a message leaked onto an encrypted security net, making trace and identification virtually impossible. The security hack indicated member or members of the HLF had substantial hacking prowess.

Only 2 days before, Zebra 27 staged a heist on a military arms depot and was caught on camera. This revealed his presence and his connection to the HLF to Section 9 as the weapons stolen from the depot were used against Section 9’s A-4 loadoat personnel in the Bay Area, where the HLF were organizing since the HQ bombing. Soon after, the Energy Ministry was discovered trying to access Section 6’s files on Zerba. An official at the Energy Ministry, Sawamura, had leaked the Arms depot location and inventory to Zebra. Sawamura was also connected to Megatech’s Body R&D.

Survivors from the Bay Area shootout, including Zebra, fled to an unused refugee relief sector, abandoned by the city because of the build up of industrial pollutants (not even the Refugees wanted to be there).

It was in the old city where the HLF’s current secret base was located—at the monstrosity known as Aeropolis II. Section 9 moved into the Geofront while Sawamura was arrested.

In the end, the whole incident stemmed originally from a defect in Megatech’s main reactor. Sawamura planned to collect bribes from Megatech’s development section in exchange for covering up the problem. The blast of the Aeropolis II reactor, which was prevented by Section 9, was meant to resemble a terrorist act….then Zebra stepped into the picture.

His scheme was to take over the reactor and extort money from Sawamura. He went too far when he contacted Section 9 and claimed responsibility. Zerba 27 was eventually caught on the top floor of Aeropolis II and eliminated.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

Where can one purchase this game in the states?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I haven't seen the original Ghost in the Shell game for the PlayStation in any stores, you could try finding it on eBay or the preowned game selection of Electronics Boutique, GameStop
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

It's been a long time I played that game. I barely remember the main story. You control a Fuchikoma which was hard at first but fun when you get used to it. The most interesting part was that it involved the cut-scene animations drawn like the manga.
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Bringin It Down wrote:Where can one purchase this game in the states?
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

Their actually pretty cheap. But whats up with no cover art? Copies?
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

Motoko2030 wrote:I haven't seen the original Ghost in the Shell game for the PlayStation in any stores, you could try finding it on eBay or the preowned game selection of Electronics Boutique, GameStop
I'll check that out, thank you.
Black Mamba wrote:
Bringin It Down wrote:Where can one purchase this game in the states?
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

Their actually pretty cheap. But whats up with no cover art? Copies?
Thanks, once I get a paypal account I'll be sure to get that.
Math

Post by Math »

I got a used PS1 game off of Amazon.com AND also got the hint guide. I'm not very good with shooters, so both the PS1 and PS2 are hard for me. My eyes and hands don't work good well together. I need a flame thrower or something. :twisted:
"You do remmber your role as my SUIT I hope."
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Production IG English website has an overview for the Ghost in the Shell PlayStation game since they did the animated sequences in the game, the link to the actual web page is http://www.production-ig.com/contents/w ... index.html
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Math wrote:I got a used PS1 game off of Amazon.com AND also got the hint guide. I'm not very good with shooters, so both the PS1 and PS2 are hard for me. My eyes and hands don't work good well together. I need a flame thrower or something. :twisted:
Just collect the 120 fans in the second game for PS2, and voila, a Napalm launcher is the "flamethrower" you desire, except 100 times more destructive, pretty, and fun to use!

As for the first game, I loved it! I just finished it, and quite frankly, have NEVER been faced with a game as challenging as it! Some of the bosses and stages had me ripping my hair out of my head, as if though just taken an overdose of medicine for anger issues! I was hysterical! Especially the stage in the water. 'The Chase' I believe. Very, very aggrivating! But, aside from the 3/4 stages that had me begging for the game to just skip the stage, since I didn't want to cheat and use the code, I was mesmerized by the beautiful game graphics, and soundtrack! I love the opening sequence! Most definatelly the sexiest version of Motoko created!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Yeah, I found the game too hard as well actually. So I did use cheats to skip levels and unlock movies. It's not really my sort of game, although I really did like the way it looked (that and making my fuchikoma walk sideways/upside-down on walls and ceilings).