My Stand Alone Complex

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

Slipstream

My Stand Alone Complex

Post by Slipstream »

In what is to be the first of, I imagine, hundreds of posts, I will be recapping the progress of my current Ghost in the Shell D20 Role Playing Game which you can download for free from www.serenadawn.com.

I attempted the "complex" story arc to be original, but I refuse to dive into my imagination too much for a franchise I don't own, so certain episodes may skim the realm of plagerism. Obviously, since my player group are creating their own personalities, the major characters from the series are the centre-point.

Like the series, there are Stand Alone and Complex episodes. I also am trying to encorporate the theme of SAC (Copies without an original or the spontaneous duplication of events without an original source) while still conceiving a storyline the characters can dive into. Even though the idea on the surface seemed a stretch of the imagination (the characters are brought in to form Section 10), it turns out to be much more complicated than that.

I planned out a 26 episode season, with A-B plot threads, episode titles and opening themes. We are currently to episode 8 and currently shows no signs of dying of crib death.

CONCEPT:

Roy, Greg, Katana, and Ben. Normal names without normal lives. One, an ex-assasin for the Egyption Special Service, another a bodyguard previously owned by Sagawa Electronics, another Etorofu's most renowned hacker. They are brought in six months after the Laughing Man case was solved to form Section 10, still under control by Aramaki. Working out of Etorofu, the group are tasked to investigate and prevent the illegal smuggling of prohibited Japanese technology out of the nation. After a thorough 6 month training period, the group gather at a partially built facility, awaiting their first mission...

Roy Sharron: Assasin. Ex Egyption Special Service. Stealth. Face-Man. Tracking and Identification. Contacts world-wide.

Ben: Ex Sagawa Bodyguard. Class A Combat model. Extreme resiliance. Close Combat. Secretly holds an addiction to human food.

Gregori: Ex-Yakuza Hacker. Class C Cyberbody. Almost at Class A Superhacker status. Collector of rare pop-culture icons.

Katana Fukabari: GSDF Army Lieutenant. Class A Combat Model. Can pilot or Drive any known craft. History classified.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I'm not sure why you're posting this here? Are you trying to get people to play your game? It really might be better served on a website other than this forum don't you think? Maybe I'm just confused.
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

No other idea on where to post it...and my personal game is full. I am just recapping the stories here...since it was a game, I didn't know where else to put it.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

Oops. I glossed over this thread a few days ago since it seemed to be about some kind of videogame which I wouldn't know anything about anyway. But if the topic title had contained the word "campaign" I would've realised that it had something to do with the RPG. So this'll be where you tell us stories from your RPG sessions, huh? Cool. I'll start reading then. :)
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage