Ghost in the Shell Online

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

THYREN

Post by THYREN »

An MMO FPS based on SAC is being developed! It should be available next year and the media press conference says the game will be a new genre called "hacking FPS" then followed by "This is the war of Section 9 with Battlefield Control."

So, on top of an FPS with all section 9 members playable, there will be hacking and cooperative fighting with Tachikomas! 8)

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

rednotdead

Post by rednotdead »

I'm really liking those concept images, particularly the first one. I don't think we've seen such a... well, badass take on Motoko. Apart from that, guess I'll patiently await details.
"Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you...

We demand it."

- The Second Renaissance,
The Animatrix
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I feel like 2013 will be an incredible year for the franchise! I'm extremely excited to see how this game goes.

Does anyone know if this is the same artist that helped with the PS2 game art? The style of it looks so similar, or at least familiar enough... :O Which is a plus in my book, still by far the best GitS art around. :]

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
GhostLine

Update

Post by GhostLine »

Ghost in the Shell: Connection Online is still being developed and tested by Nexon Korea. It has just been announced that they intend to release the FPS in North America first, and then follow with a global release. No release date has been set:

https://youtu.be/Istn32pdVZs
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

http://firstassault.nexon.net/en
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault is in beta testing phase. Looks like it is finally coming around.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I'm registered for the beta now.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Good article on the methodology of creating SAC: First Assault. Also discusses future plans for expansions.
http://www.cgmagonline.com/2016/10/05/b ... ost-shell/
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I hope they add a storey mode. I'm no good at these arena style shooters. The game is so pretty to look at but ufff.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Well they never added a story mode and now they are shutting down.
We’re sorry to inform you that we will be sunsetting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online in North and South America, Europe, and the Oceania region, with final closure scheduled for December 6.

This was a very tough decision to make. The game has been in development for a long time, supported by developer, publisher, and community effort. Ultimately, we decided that continued development wasn’t going to help the game become what we all hoped it could become We will be supporting the game for the next several months during the sunset period, allowing both the development and publishing teams and the community to say goodbyes and enjoy the game.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Aww. :(
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Colston

Post by Colston »

Freitag wrote:Well they never added a story mode and now they are shutting down.
We’re sorry to inform you that we will be sunsetting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online in North and South America, Europe, and the Oceania region, with final closure scheduled for December 6.

This was a very tough decision to make. The game has been in development for a long time, supported by developer, publisher, and community effort. Ultimately, we decided that continued development wasn’t going to help the game become what we all hoped it could become We will be supporting the game for the next several months during the sunset period, allowing both the development and publishing teams and the community to say goodbyes and enjoy the game.
That sucks. I was so looking forward to trying this out. Shame I'll never have the chance now. This is what sucks about online games. When the servers are gone, so is the game.