The laughingman Uplink mod?

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

Elmo

The laughingman Uplink mod?

Post by Elmo »

anyone know anything more about this?

"Inspired by the manga and animation series Ghost in the Shell, The Laughing Man is a hacking game contracted by Manga Entertainment and designed by Introversion (the makers of Uplink -- the actual game is largely based on Uplink) to promote the GitS: Stand Alone Complex series. "

sounds fun, as is anything based on uplink because as far as games go it was teh sechs. :)
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
H-street

Post by H-street »

http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/news.html

appears to be it, never heard of it but may be worth checking out..

seems it was a custom demo of uplink for GITS

you can get it here

http://www.introversion.co.uk/laughingman/

i downloaded it and loaded it, seems like a neat little game. when i get off work i'll hae to try it for real..
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

Thanks for the link. Just played through the laughingman demo, doesn't really have much to do with GitS other than having the laughingman logo appear here and there(or i just didn't get to the GitS mini-story yet). Still a great game though; play in the dark whilst drinking endless supplies of caffinated drinks for proper paranoia effect ...i have to go now ...they're tracing this call ..must wipe logs. :shock:
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I have also played that demo, it has nothing to do with Stand Alone Complex, unless you count the fact that it is a computer hacking simulation and the Laughing Man is a hacker, it is an alright demo.