Episode 10: The Tomb of Secrets / Dungeon

What about the Ghost in the Shell video games? Discuss them here

Moderator: sonic

Slipstream

Episode 10: The Tomb of Secrets / Dungeon

Post by Slipstream »

EPISODE 10

Section 10 is called up to the terminal room. Something is coming down the pipe.

“Hikaru, Can you see the vessel now?” Says the newsman to the reporter in the helicopter.

“Yes, I can…military demands we stay back. We are at max digital zoom here…I think like 1500 times. Stability is at its limit. Its still not moving. I-I can’t even see the crew.”

The video shows a blurry, shaky image of a small Japanese cruiser steaming away. There is a 3D barcode scrolling across the bottom. Kobotai films the group in.

“We’re not exactly sure how it started. The Japanese military vessel, Kuma, diverted on its own accord and broke into Chinese waters. A warning shot was fired across her bow, there was no response. A second volley apparently was fired. There still was no response. None. That was at 7:30 this morning. At 7:45, the PLAAF launched a single FC-1 fighter craft which buzzed the vessel twice. It is… <looking at watch> 7:55 now.”

“Oh my God!” Comes the radio. The top of the vessel explodes. “Oh my god! The Chinese fighter launched…I think…two missiles. Both struck the Japanese vessel amid ship. She…she’s breaking in two!”

At that point, Gregori’s cyber cell goes off. It’s a communication from Gemmin. She’s alive. She asks to meet.

THE TOMB OF SECRETS / DUNGEON

Gemmin was a lover of Greg’s years ago but she should be dead. Greg leaves suddenly to meet her. At the same time, Roy receives a message from a Yakuza contact that his mother has been located in a hospital downtown.

When Gregori arrives at the café, he sees Gemmin. She sees him and approaches…and then is shot down by a sniper. As he holds her body, he looks up and sees a Chinese woman starring at him from across the street. At the same time, when Sharron goes to the room in the hospital, the room explodes. Ben’s receives a file from his contact at Sagawa. He just found an obituary note from Kushiro. His biological parents were just killed in a car bomb.

Why are their families and loves ones being targeted. Ben and Sharron also see the same Chinese women in the corners. They never face her.

The group has been hacked. A resident file was designed to compile with an image file located on the TV broadcast. Vincent is actually outside, trying to break the three others out of their delusion. They are hooked up to a computer and the others are trying to disrupt the virus and break them out. Manji inserted herself into the code to help them.

After seeing the families destroyed, Greg’s apartment burns to the ground. He sees Manji again. He follows her into the alley and notices the alley is shaped like the fylfot. He starts to put it together. Then a giant wolf with fire red eyes attacks him. Gregori wrestles with the beast and finally breaks its neck.

The group decides to meet back at Section 10. Meenwhile. Vincent realizes the type of Hack and decided to download both the image file and the resident virus to infiltrate their share delusion. The hallucination almost convinces him the process failed, but he successfully dives into the illusion. He meets with the group in the parking garage and explains the situation.

Manji meets them. It is not really the fylfot hacker. It is a simulation and thus, does not have all the answers. She is trying to decompile the virus data. Greg can then find a way out. The outside world really cannot break this hold. The enemy wants them dead…but more than dead. It wants their minds destroyed. Why? The ones hacked must know something. Something they think they don’t know.

The virus, however is smart. And before Manji’s replicant inserted virus can show the group the virus code so they can hack themselves out, a gargoyle bursts in and kidnaps her. The group pursue and but loose her as the gargoyle flies away to a mountain that has risen in the center of town. It’s a dungeon…

What follows can only be described as a traditional fantasy adventure, only this time populated by heroes armed with submachine guns. They move from room to room of the subterranean keep, dealing with Bugbear, Goblin hordes, and several other clichéd fantasy monsters.

When they enter the final room, section 10 comes face to face with
an adult Red Dragon. Sharron, Ben, and Vincent deal with the creature as Greg rescues the damsel in distress. Manji looks around very curious at the imagination of the virus.

Finally, the group save Manji and she shows Greg the code. He uses that to hack himself out with the group. They wake up with wires running into the main computer. Kobotai fill them in on past events during the 24 hours they were under.

A news report indicated that Japan asked the American Empire to move their Battlefleet from the East to west side of Japan.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

That's an evil, evil virus, forcing them to play D&D like that! :cry:
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

Ehh, I wanted to spice things up and its the same rule system so I couldn't resist.
www.serenadawn.com
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

I figured as much. :wink: Reminded me somewhat of the Dirty Pair Flash episode where Yuri connects to a dreamoholic scientist to try to get him out of his own fantasies.
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

Well, I got 26 episodes to write here. IG had a staff. All I have is me. :)
www.serenadawn.com
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

Hey, I'm not complaining (about your scenario). I just can't resist ragging on D&D whenever I see its tentacles reach into places where they haven't been before. Oh, that sounded dirty. :twisted:
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage