Tekken

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Tekken

Post by marto_motoko »

So come on, who loves it? :D

I've been a fan of the series since it first showed it's face on the market in 1994's arcades, and even now, with it's amazing PSP release that even toppled the PS2's Tekken 5. Tekken Dark Ressurection, the PSP release is having a remake for the online purchase item for the PS3, which will probably see US release in March, since it allready is being sold in Japan, and Tekken 6 is most likely to see a release in September of this year.

So, any tekkenites on here, or Tekken Zaibatsu people?

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Okay, since I resurrected a thread where I said something anti-Tekken, I think I better be nice and resureect Marto's pro-Tekken thread too, lol.

I actually own Tekken 5, and it's the first Tekken that I've properly owned (I just played the others, but since I didn't like them I never bought them). I bought 5 because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a chance- loads of people online were complaining it was "too fast" for them so I thought "Ah! They have finally fixed the problem I have with it, and now it shall be great!" It was better than previous installments; quite a bit faster. But still nowhere near fast enough for me. If they can just up the speed and dynamism of the fights by half again in the next installments, I will be happier.

Curiously, I never really liked the Tekken characters (design-wise or character-wise) much for the most part, nor did I like the Mishima clan storyline. Generally speaking I like fighting tournament storylines, but in this game I'm less keen. I reallly don't like Nina Williams or the creepiness surrounding Heihachi and his son.

But it's not all bad... There are actually some characters I think are cool ^_^. I think Michelle Chang is pretty and cool, as is Julia Chang (I always got them muddled up for ages though, lol). I think newcomer Asuka Kazama has some appeal in Tekken 5, but her moves weren't so exciting. Jun Kazama is good too, though like Nina parts of her story bother me a bit. I guess Christie Monteiro is good too; I like her a lot more in recent games (her darker looks suit her well, it's a nice character design). And Ling Xiaoyu is just cute (and much better dressed as the series goes on; ugh I hated the red and yellow outfit). But Xianghua from Soul Calibur will always rule Namco's cute and spritely Chinese fighter offerings for me, lol! Hmm... guy-wise, I guess none of them really jumoed out at me, though I'll always have affection for Yoshimitsu after becoming a Yoshimitsu player in Soul Calibur.

So, is Dark Ressurection on the PSP faster than Tekken 5? And... who's your favourite characters?