Fatal Frame/ Project Zero series

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Fatal Frame/ Project Zero series

Post by marto_motoko »

So is anyone a fan? I personally love the series, and in specific Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly / Project Zero Akai Chou.

Not only is it in my opinion perhaps the scariest survival horror right along Silent Hill, but I think that its storyline is the best from many videogames even outside the survival horror genre.

The third installment was also excellent. I loved the deep gameplay, interesting story, and the cameos that characters made.

Any thoughts?

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

I played Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly and enjoyed it. After hearing your recommendation, I'll have to check out Fatal Frame 3 some time.

I kept getting stuck, getting lost, and having to check the map over and over. I didn't like that too much :( I remember not knowing I was supposed to collect some books off a bookcase... this caused me to wander around aimlessly for like an hour. Ugh!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

jerryku wrote:I played Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly and enjoyed it. After hearing your recommendation, I'll have to check out Fatal Frame 3 some time.

I kept getting stuck, getting lost, and having to check the map over and over. I didn't like that too much :( I remember not knowing I was supposed to collect some books off a bookcase... this caused me to wander around aimlessly for like an hour. Ugh!

The game was very puzzle oriented. And just like you I struggled with that too. See, I however was persistent enough, and also curious enough, as to where I thought that everything I saw, had other parts to it, which sometimes either helped me immensely (as in the case of the books) or in other cases sent me on wild goose chases. :roll:

Still, Fatal Frame 3 is completely worth it. If not anything, at least for the amazing visuals, beautiful story (Which was extremely attaching), and the amazing ending theme by Tsukiki Amano - Koe. Go to Youtube, and look for the video. That way you can also hear the song. It's tremendous! A personal favourite at least. :)

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?