Elder Scrolls letdown

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Phalanx Observation

Elder Scrolls letdown

Post by Phalanx Observation »

I don't own an X-box 360 or a PC beefy enough to support Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but I was able to play it extensivly thanks to the generousity of my best frind. But, comparing it to Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, I have to say that it is very much a dissapointment. I expected a lush world (which it DOES have) with the same amount of gameplay as Morrowind (which it DOESN'T have.) For all the hype it generated and beautiful screenshots they teased us with, I expected there to be more than three guilds you could join and a much longer main story. In Morrowind, I could always acheive a sense of "Ok! What's next!" Maybe I haven't played it enough, I'm only lvl 14 and I here it progresses through higher leves, but I haven't seen much quest-giving...

Does anyone agree with me? Or have I truly not played long enough?

P.S. Either way, it is by far the most beautiful looking game I've ever played. Kudos to Bethesda for that!
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I'm going to let this slide, but there is an unlocked topic about Oblivion, and my general rule is that reviving old topics is fine since the forum is so painfully slow.

But feel free to continue.