Soul Calibur!

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Spica

Post by Spica »

I've played it quite a bit with friends. I liked it a lot better than the second one, which I refused to play after a while (mainly because I didn't like the girl's costumes, DOA has spoiled me). I can tell you that the new characters (Zasamel and Tira) are good. I usually play with Xianghuan, she's got a nice balance between speed, power and reach, plus she can throw temper tantrums.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I've heard mixed things. I've heard that people who play certain characters (Kilik and Ivy especially) have to relearn how to play them all over again which kind of ticks me off since I was a huge Kilik fan. As for the costumes I'm excited. Mostly I'm really excited about the create your own character mode. I plan on buying this game at some point.
Spica

Post by Spica »

Voldo is just as disgusting as always, maybe even more so. He still rasps, he has that nasty "air hump" move (where he gets down on all fours with his face up and bounces his opponent through the air by thrusting his pelvis), he has his swimming move, and one of his outfits now involves a thong.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

The game actually is fantastic! My favourites include Xianghua (the maid outfit :oops: ), Taki, and Setsuka who is the new character. Geisha assassin lady. :D

Oh, and I made a perfect replica of Motoko from the fist movie, and several from SAC. Along with Chroma, several other characters, a perfect Saito, and Motoko kid form from the end of the first movie! :D They make me SO happy!

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

BTW, Setsuka is good. I learnt to play her too ^_^
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I got given a Dreamcast and told that SC was one of *the* games to play on it, especially if I could get a VGA adapter. I duly did both and was blown away. It's pretty darned good looking for it's age, and it's a blast to play :D
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I really like SC III, but I'm terminally oldschool and require my fighting to be as flat as a pancake, none of this modern 3D jiggerypokery! I'll just have to wait for Street Fighter IV... :(
[IWNJACTWHSLMFAM]
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I don't like the way the new Chun-Li looks (of course! I am hard to please 8) )
AARRGHH!! What did they do to her! :\ Yeh, I can see that your point there, she's gone from that tall, strong asian look to lkooking like something out of Girls Aloud :P nd they covered her legs too, wth is this - are beat-em ups suddenly going all politically correct??

I did notice there's another Anime (The Chun-Li Story) which I gotta get my paws on. She always was my favourite character :)
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...