What releases are you looking forward to?

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Elmo

What releases are you looking forward to?

Post by Elmo »

The last big game releases of the season are just coming up now, what are you guys all waiting on with anticipation? Personally I'm hankering after some FPS goodness i.e. 'Bioshock', 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R' and 'Duke Nukem Forever'(a man can dream :P).

'Hellgate London' sounds nice too... permanent dark grey skys hang over London, monstrous abominations stalk the underground railway, burning wrecks of cars littering the streets ...sounds like a documentry :wink:
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Jeni Nielsen

Re: What releases are you looking forward to?

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Elmo wrote:The last big game releases of the season are just coming up now, what are you guys all waiting on with anticipation? Personally I'm hankering after some FPS goodness i.e. 'Bioshock', 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R' and 'Duke Nukem Forever'(a man can dream :P).

'Hellgate London' sounds nice too... permanent dark grey skys hang over London, monstrous abominations stalk the underground railway, burning wrecks of cars littering the streets ...sounds like a documentry :wink:
What about F.E.A.R? I've heard that's supposed to be a good FPS right?

I'm playing FFXII right now (and it owns my soul), but I'm also looking forward to getting a Wii and getting Twilight Princess.
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

I got a PS3 recently but have nothing to play (Not really liking Resistance too much)! So I'm waiting for Gundam Musou to come out in Japan in Feb/March. I hope it's good enough to import. Gundam Musou is a Dynasty Warriors-style game but with Gundams. I don't like the Dynasty Warriors games but maybe this new game will be different enough for me to like it.

For my 360, I'm really looking foward to Mobile Ops: One Year War. It's a Gundam game, too, but it's an FPS in the style of Battlefield 2, which to me could be heaven.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I'm currently frustrated beyond belief with Genji:Days of the Blade for the PS3. That damn thing is HARD AS H.E. double hockey sticks....(See Jeni, I sound like I'm 70 :P ) The graphics are beautiful beyond comprehension though!

I'm also playing Final Fantasy XII, and that's not only because it's addictive, but because who doesn't enjoy looking at Balthier's leather-clad tush as he prances around killing things? :D Not only, but he has the same earrings as mine! Mine aren't as gaiged as his though!

Also, I'm playing Fatal Frame II. I love this game. Beautiful, tragic, and scary as can get! I love Mayu. :( I've played the game several times, and each times it's equally as fascinating, and sad....

As for new releases:

EGM is announcing the new Castlevania installment this upcoming month, and I'm eager like a virgin on graduation night! (Okay, frightening images just flashed before my mind! :lol: )

The game is hinted at to be related to Symphony of the Night, which is more than wonderful news. I simply hope that Ayami Kojima's beautiful art will return to this, instead of the horrifying anime style that the DS titles suffered through! :x

Also, I can't wait for Tekken Dark Ressurection to be released on the Play Station 3 online store, with redone graphics, and modes. :) At $17, it's a must-get for fighting game fans, and Tekken fans alike. (Tekken and Ghost in the shell for me have been hand in hand since 1995. )

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
FainaruFantaji

Post by FainaruFantaji »

I`m waiting and not waiting either for the release of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy versus XIII... I`ll have to spend my precious money for buying a new console, but I just can`t sit and watch others playing FFXIII without being able to do it myself. Uhuh.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Yeah, FF XIII will be the tipping point for us getting the PS3 as well. By then there will be enough games on it (like Soul Calibur IV, etc.) that it'll be worth getting. (I don't give a hoot about the Blue-Ray player--my DVDs work just fine.)
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

The appearance of Gran Turismo 5: Prologue has me all up on buying a PS3 now but i have no money :)

I guess by the time the complete GT5 game is released then I might have the money for it, and the PS3. I'll just have to dream until then...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Super Smash Bros Brawl. It irritates me that the US get it, but we British Isles Dwellers have to wait.
[BFCP] [LMFC] [BID] [TA] [TOSFU] [AFC] [DDT] [ATC]
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I pre-ordered the new Metal Gear. Lots of weird cloned-brotherhood in the story, but very meditative of the military industrial complex.