Battlefield 2142

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

jerryku

Battlefield 2142

Post by jerryku »

Just wanted to recommend this game to my fellow GITS fans. The game is set in the year 2142, and there's lotsa futuristic weapons and gadgets that remind me of GITS. The guns still shoot bullets, like in GITS, and there's a big anti-tank rifle that reminds me of the one Motoko used on that guy in the power suit ;)

It also has "thermoptic camo" that makes you all fuzzy, which is pretty cool. It's mostly useful at long ranges though. Plus, the game has lots of hoverships, which remind me of the tilt-rotor Section 9 uses.

I hope someone makes a GITS mod of 2142 :D
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

BF isn't really my sort of thing because i get so irritated with other players being useless or talking like this "ZOMG tiz gam iz a ripoffs halo1!!!11one!! why U HaX Must HAV because i PWNZ0RS LOLS" and i want to leave em' and go off on my own, and there are only a couple of classes where you can productivly do that in BF... Having said that almost* every aspect of demo is awesome, with extra points for stompy robots(hard to aim though) and at last the flying vehicles are easier to pilot underfire.
It's almost as good as planetside was :P

The real big question to be asked is will it be better than 'Enemy Territory: Quake Wars'?

* I'm not sold on the unlockable weapons idea..
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.