mirrors edge: GITS like

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

H-street

mirrors edge: GITS like

Post by H-street »

Anyone else excited for Mirrors Edge? looking at the trailers the motion and the style of game reminds me a lot of Motoko and the way she combats..

you can see the site http://mirrorsedge.com/ lots of trailers and screenshots..

probalby would be a good game to mod into a GITS game.. or i was even thinking Crysis would lend it self to a Seciton9 type game (it already has a lot of the "cybor" functionality built in)..
Locke

Post by Locke »

I rented Mirror's Edge and beat it along with the time trial stages. I thought it was fun and all, but unless you're a "completionist" I just couldn't justify paying $60 for it. Anyone else sympathize?

As for the combat, I'd say that Faith fights like the Major only in the sense that she fights effectively but with a bit of "jazz." For instance, I could watch those damn loading screens for hours. :lol:

Think about this:
A game with the parkour/melee combat mechanics of Mirror's Edge starring the Major, only with a MUCH better weapons system. Then again, I don't remember the Major ever needing something like parkour to get through an obstacle, with those crazy augmented thighs of hers and all, so I guess that's pointless. Ignore me. Hah.
"Humanity does not ask us to happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf."
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I bought it pre-owned for under 20$ because I don't like renting. Besides I'm patient enough to wait for prices to drop.

Love that game. I just wish you could get out of 1st person sometimes and look at your runs with a cinematic camera with some kind of editing and saving features. I don't really feel it would translate well into the gits universe unless you played Kuze constatntly getting away from section 9 and its tachis!
Oh well.