Worst ever games!

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

Sylphisonic wrote:Anyone got any games where they love the characters but don't think too much of the games, yet they buy them anyway?
Yep, the 'God of War' series. I see why some people like it, but it just seems like insanely easy combat sprinkled with timing-based button games and the story is all a bit predictable. But I'm a big fan of greek mythology and I love what they've done with Kratos and some of the other characters.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I feel like I should add the new 'alone in the dark' games to the list, please don't waste your money on them ppl. :P

It's basically just a series of single-solution puzzles that have no consistent logic with any others throughout the game so that they can be virtually impossible the first time through, but on a second play through can be completed in seconds. This is all broken up by incredibly dull and repetitive scripted combat (especially in the PS2 version where a fight can take an age of shooting specific shifting weakspots revealed with the awkwardly controlled blink-feature, or can be bypassed completely with a cigarette lighter due to the game's stubborn insistence on fire killing everything almost instantly.)

The crafting system is a joke too, objects can be combined into a few useful items, but any perfectly logical combinations that the designers didn't think of won't work(e.g. you can combine a 'bandage' with 'whiskey bottle' to make a molotov cocktail, but somehow combining a 'whiskey bottle' with a 'bandage' is impossible.)

Storyline is missing, pressumed dead.
SamusTheHunter

Post by SamusTheHunter »

-Call of Duty
Sorry, I like shooting games and first person shooter and all but it is given more credit than it deserves...It really isnt that amazing.

-Harry Potter
Love the books. Games arent as much fun..

-Guitar Hero
Love to play it. Love the song choices but it makes hipsters and people who cant play an instrument/think band kids are stupid a false sense of thinking they actually have talent even thogh they're just matching colors. I'm a guitar player; the game is nothing like the real thing...

-Tetris Worlds (Gamecube)
Considering I grew up playing Tetris Attack!, old school Tetris for Gameboy, and The New Tetris 64 (in my opinion the best one), I thought the whole "lets add a plot with cubes that need a new planet" was stupid. And the music wasn't that great....and they added like Sticky Tetris and Cascade..I didn't like it. AHH CHANNNGEE!!!!!!! lol

-Metroid Prime Hunters
Maybe not the WORST per se but it was pretty bad...graphics were nasty and chunky. All the music was a steal of everywhere else. Plot doesnt fit ANYWHERE in the timeline. Just makes very little sense in general.

-Metroid: Other M
..........I dont really hate it. I really love it. But its just.....so...baaad.... I mean...I think the concept of the plot and characters is a fantastic idea but...It wasn't put together well and the script wasn't very good either. Jessica Martin actually isn't bad for Samus' voice acting but I would have preferred Jennifer Hale since we're used to her voice. Other M is not the worst..I truly love it...I just wish it was put together a little better.
Samus loves Adam <3
Roy loves Riza <3
I love my pencil and paper <3
~I don't take shit from anyone. Don't forget that~