Super Mario topic

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

What's your favourite Mario game?

Super Mario Bros.
No votes
Super Mario Bros. 2 (US/Europe)
No votes
Super Mario Bros. 3
No votes
Super Mario World
25%
Super Mario 64
50%
Super Mario Sunshine
No votes
Other (gameboy games, others)
25%

Total votes: 8

sonic
Special

Super Mario topic

Post by sonic »

Just a topic for Mario games, and a wee little poll. The poll is strictly going by the more platformer type games... as in, the main Mario games. No golf, no (bloody excellent) Mario Kart, no Square's Super Mario RPG, etcetera...

So... what do you prefer to call her, anyway? Princess Toadstool, Princess Peach, or Daisy? (Daisy's actually incorrect by the way, she was a different princess from Super Mario Land)

For me, it's Priness Toadstool... That's what she was introduced as, so that's how I think of her.

And also, do you think these naughty little Sonic people should quit beating up on Mario? Naughty, naugthy random people who aren't called "spica"... :twisted:
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I voted before I could think. My favorite Mario game is the RPG mario game called Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. It's amazingly good. I still have to finish it. I'm on the last level. It's adorable.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ooh... I have yet to play the Paper Mario games. Somewhere in the world of Mario-related games, I got lost and I've never caught up. And now we have a DS, and there is loads of catching up to do there as well. Paper Mario sounds so cool though... I am glad I am not a child anymore- I used to follow all Mario and Sonic games so religiously back then, but if there were as many as there are now, I'd never have been able to afford it all and I'd have been a very despairing child indeed (had to know everything about the games inside out)!
swdarin

Post by swdarin »

I mostly like the adventure ones and Paper Mario 2.
shadowferret

Post by shadowferret »

Ah, my favorite was the Super Mario RPG for SNES, but, my favorite platformer was the original.
It was just so cool.
Still is.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

what? no mention of 'Super Princess Peach'? any game with a female lead that has the guts to use her girlish mood swings as a super power get's my vote. :P

/me flees from the board's female denizens :wink:

also ..

Sonic = Mutant, superfast, time traveling, evil robot army stomping, loop-da-looping, blue hedgehog who saves several planets on more than one occasion, occasional takes time out to play lethal pinball with his own body.

Mario = unblocks toilets, occasional helps girlfriend by stamping on some turtles.

..I think you see where I'm going with this ;)
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Spica

Post by Spica »

Yes, I finally have an ally in my Mario bashing!

It should be noted that Mario unclogs toilets by climbing down the pipes and butt smashing whatever "monsters" are down there. He gets paid in whatever coins he finds in the pea trap.

Have any of you ever seen the shirt that has a picture of Mario side by side with Joseph Stalin and says, "Coincidence, I don't think so" on it. With this evidience in mind I, think he is wearing red for a reason.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

"eet'sa mea, mario!"
loved Mario64. Mario 3 comes in a close second.
(one who loves the racoon & tanooki suits).