Kingdom Hearts II's US Realse

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Setzer? As in FF6 Setzer? So they have pre-FF7 characters? Oh, I have to get into this series....
Heh, he shows up for about a total of 10 minutes, but he's a fun character. Without spoiling too much you get to beat the living daylights out of him.

Other characters you might like that show up and have bigger roles are Leon, Tiffa, Yuffie, Cloud and Sephiroth. :)
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

It was a toss-up between KH and Xenosaga when I was looking for a new RPG series to get into last year, and Xenosaga won out. For anyone who loves Batou, Xenosaga is a must-have purchase, as Batou's English voice actor is also the voice of the cyborg "Ziggy" (who is both my personal favourite cyborg ever, and my favourite RPG guy ever)!
Batou's voice actor makes a VERY prominent appearance in KH2.

I nearly beat Xenosaga, but at the end I got stuck and gave up. I was really really dumb and missed a weapon attachment for KOS-MOS that came in an email. >< Mind you this was back when I thought 40 hours was way too long to play a game. :)

As for Aeris's voice actresses, since she has two, I actually didn't mind them. Even though choosing Mandy Moore as a VA is quite silly, I think she did a nice job.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

So... being a Batou fan, I bet Ziggy was kind of fun for you; sort of like having "Batou II" in the game?
Actually I never equated the two. I like him better as who he plays in KH2 anyhow. His voice is generic enough, yet cool enough, not to really register with me until I see the credits.

Richard Epcar is a good enough actor to make his characters different. I don't feel like he's always "bateau" anyhow. :)

Mandy Moore is/was an American pop singer. Think Britney Spears, sorta.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Actually I never equated the two.
Two very big, blonde cyborgs. They're both tough, but gentle. 'Protector' types. Both worked in jobs policing cyber-crime (Ziggy does as Jan Sauer, his former human identity). There's more, but the obvious links like those and the fact that both were voiced by the same person always made me smile. But they are definately different characters too... I mean, that's why I'm an admirer of Zig but not a huge Batou fan (great though he is).

Zig's also getting a shoulder cannon in the next game. I am sad... I liked his arm-blade. A giant gun is not his style. I guess it's another thing that will make him and Batou more like cyber-brothers though.
Last edited by sonic on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

guess that was a bad analogy. She's actually a good fit for Aeris. She's more like Britney back when she was kinda more the innocent sweet girl. (She did have a phase like that at the beginning of her career you know :) )