Kingdom Hearts II's US Realse

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Kingdom Hearts II's US Realse

Post by Black Mamba »

It has been announced! March 28th. I, personally, can't wait.

Heres some voice actors
http://www.kh2.co.uk/?kh2=Voices

Christopher Lee.... as DiZ! Almost makes me forget about Jesse McCartney as Roxas... almost.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Chicken Little? WTF? I can't wait to see how they're going to fit that into the game. :)
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:Chicken Little? WTF? I can't wait to see how they're going to fit that into the game. :)

Well its no the only weird, and rather out of place disney world. Pirate's of the Caribbean, Tron. I had no idea what Tron was. But I have faith in Nomura.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:
Jeni Nielsen wrote:Chicken Little? WTF? I can't wait to see how they're going to fit that into the game. :)

Well its no the only weird, and rather out of place disney world. Pirate's of the Caribbean, Tron. I had no idea what Tron was. But I have faith in Nomura.
Tron is going to be FRIKIN' awesome. As is Pirates of the Caribbean. Just seeing Johnny Depp videogamized is going to make the game for me. I can't wait to see this game. Though I really should finish the first one first shouldn't I. :)

The only thing I regret is not having played more Final Fantasy games first. I mean the only one I really enjoyed playing was Tactics and I lost my copy of it... but I should also probably give them more of a try. :)
ghst.01

Post by ghst.01 »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
The only thing I regret is not having played more Final Fantasy games first. I mean the only one I really enjoyed playing was Tactics and I lost my copy of it... but I should also probably give them more of a try. :)
:o Holy shit.... I've never been into the FF games a whole lot, but tactics just racked on my nerves.

FFX was just hard to play all the way through, really really predictable and cruddy overall plot mixed with a lack of free-form fighting[ the command thing gets old fast ] along side the new, weird orb stats-up system just made the game horrid.

FF7 was fun, many many fun hours wasted playing that.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

How could you say wasted Jeff?! Every minute playing a Final Fantasy game is one minute of pure bliss for me. But hey, I'm a complete fanboy.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

ghst.01 wrote:
Jeni Nielsen wrote:
:o Holy shit.... I've never been into the FF games a whole lot, but tactics just racked on my nerves.
I'm not really an RPG fan, but I liked the strategy feel to Tactics. Granted I didn't play that much of it before I lost my copy, but I liked it.

Also Black Mamba I don't think Ghst.01 is Jeff (unless that's his name too). (they share the same avatar I believe).
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

(they share the same avatar I believe).
oops.... That shouldn't be allowed :x

I've been think that Jessy McCartney as Roxas wouldn't be that bad. As a singer he has a clear speaking voice, and although I've never seen Summerland, I don't think Disney would cast that horrible of an actor. And Roxas never sings in the game (at least I hope not). :P
Jeni Nielsen

Re: Kingdom Hearts II's US Realse

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote: Christopher Lee.... as DiZ!
You should know that that's probably not official, though I really hope it is. According to the GameFAQs cast list (which I'm not sure can be trusted or not) they don't have Christopher Lee for DiZ at all.
Black Mamba

Re: Kingdom Hearts II's US Realse

Post by Black Mamba »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Black Mamba wrote: Christopher Lee.... as DiZ!
You should know that that's probably not official, though I really hope it is. According to the GameFAQs cast list (which I'm not sure can be trusted or not) they don't have Christopher Lee for DiZ at all.
Well people I see in forums are dead excited about it, so I'm pretty sure its true. No offense to you, but GameFAQs is a site that deals with the broad range of video games. Where as a site like KHU is run by fans who are obsessed. So I think more thought would go into KHU than a site like GameFAQs. Hope that makes sence :/
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

And Jeff the Admin shows up as Jeff the Admin above his little avatar :)

I really should have put my avatar in a separate folder ... But I was going to make a new one anyway, so that's fine.

Even though I haven't gotten round to playing Kingdom Hearts, it sounds fun ... and I do love all the FF games I've played! Square is leaps and bounds out in front of other companies when it comes to RPGs.

I prefer turn-based combat in these sorts of games as well, probably because I'm used to sitting there and strategizing during my turn. But then, I like chess and Civilization and SimCity and such, too.

Jeff
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

So yes I know this topic is old as the wheel, but I just beat standard mode on 100% so I got the secret ending. Let's just say 3 should be SWEET.

I feel like I get bragging rights since I had to beat Sephiroth AND do the final Hades Cup, and be at level 99 and complete every darn minigame and event in the game. 76 hours!!!

Anyhow DiZ is actually played by Christopher Lee. Niether Johnny Depp nor Orlando Bloom come back. Orlando Bloom's character is actually played by Crispin Freeman who also plays Setzer. Jesse McCartney isn't half bad as Roxas and Axel's voice actor Quinton Flynn is amazing.

Also I'm eating my words because Chicken Little was really cute and fit quite well in the game (as a summon of course).
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I'm also playing on standard mode, so on my second time through I can play on proud and not have to complete the journal to get a 100% (and still see the secret ending). I'm cleverly paseing myself :D

I'm on the Pride Lands (first time). And so far I've completed every minigame I can up to Jimminy's standards (except for coin game at the Colisium).

Awsome game, I'm really loving it.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:I'm also playing on standard mode, so on my second time through I can play on proud and not have to complete the journal to get a 100% (and still see the secret ending). I'm cleverly paseing myself :D

I'm on the Pride Lands (first time). And so far I've completed every minigame I can up to Jimminy's standards (except for coin game at the Colisium).

It doesn't matter when you play it, proud mode gets you the secret ending no matter what.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:I'm also playing on standard mode, so on my second time through I can play on proud and not have to complete the journal to get a 100% (and still see the secret ending). I'm cleverly paseing myself :D

It doesn't matter when you play it, proud mode gets you the secret ending no matter what.
I know how it goes, I just standard mode be because I like to complete a game 100% first time through. I wasn't saying you must play through standard mode first to play on proud mode (to get the secret ending without a 100%). Its just the way I chose to do things.