Final Fantasy VII

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

csulu

Final Fantasy VII

Post by csulu »

One of the best games out there , and you know it :wink:
The movie also good , but it's mostly figthing and will make no scense at all to ppl that did not play the game.
What do you think ?
"Here at section 9 we are good at both inteligence and knocking heads"
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Final Fantasy VII is an excelent game with an excelent story. The movie, like the game, was ground breaking in a sense that it pushed the limits of CG animated movies.

Although their both not without their flaughs. The game had a crappy, rushed translation and the movie's battle sequences where too fast and impossible for my taste.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I've been looking forward to the movie for so long I've almost stopped looking forward to it :?

Is it only out on the PSP or am I right in thinking I heard it was to be out on regular DVD as well?

Jeff
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

FF VII Advent children is coming out on DVDs and on the PSP, I also heard that Advent Children is being delayed to early next year so that it can be shown in Cinemas in America (the showing of Advent Children could be shown in a limited number of cinemas.)
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:FF VII Advent children is coming out on DVDs and on the PSP, I also heard that Advent Children is being delayed to early next year so that it can be shown in Cinemas in America (the showing of Advent Children could be shown in a limited number of cinemas.)
The was a big scandal around AC's US's realse. Square themselves anounced a simultaneous realse for Japan and US, taging it on that back of trailers. There was even a count down on the officail US AC site. But then it just all came down. Theres no idea whats going on.

I finally got fed up and downloaded it. But I think its ok since I'll be buying it the moment it comes out.
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

I really want to see the movie badly. I've been waiting for it for a long time, and I'm really pumped.

The game was super good too. One of the most cohesively written games ever.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

bringing up old topics again, but I just beat 7 so I could watch Advent Children and I have to say it wasn't half bad, but it also wasn't as great as I was expecting. I had a great time playing it and everything, but I was a little disappointed by the ending. It makes sense that there would be three games continuing the storyline since in my opinion nothing much gets resolved at the end.

My favorite character by far was Reno. I think that's saying something that my favorite character was a side character. I guess of the main party I enjoyed Cloud and Cid the most.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I glad to hear you went back through and played FFVII again Jeni. It really is an amazing game. Come to think of it, its been a while since I've played it....

You ready for Dirge of Cerberus? Which is soon to come to US shores.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:I glad to hear you went back through and played FFVII again Jeni. It really is an amazing game. Come to think of it, its been a while since I've played it....

You ready for Dirge of Cerberus? Which is soon to come to US shores.
I've heard mixed things about Dirge of Cerberus. And I wasn't playing 7 again. I was playing it for the first time. :)
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Iv just found a copy of FFVII ready just for FFVIICC.
Donshonto

Post by Donshonto »

FFVII is good. I think it's a great game, but overrated. I personally can't stand any of the characters except Vincent, Nanaki, and Zack. But it does have a great story. Though I prefer FF6.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I personally can't stand any of the characters except Vincent, Nanaki, and Zack.
What no Aeris? Ah, but she's a sweetheart and you know it... A bit pink and girly, but with a beautiful heart of gold. Red/Nanaki is always one of the strongest in terms of being well-developed and likable... I still want to know about some of his adventures between now and "498 years later" :) .

Totally agree that it is a little bit overrated... brilliant game, but not necessarily stronger than some of the other Final Fantasys, as many would claim. It contributes immensly to the collective quality and greatness that the overall FF series has.

I haven't played Dirge of Cerberus yet (any good, Jeni?), and I completely forgot about Crisis Core, or that older Japan-only cell phone game, Before Crisis... I don't need as much FF7, I suppose. Advent Children did have great CG, but I also found the action unappealing... it was just too much like "chop chop chop"; it was so fast you never got to see much of what was going on, and it was way too slick and Matrix-y; what with Tifa clamping to the wall in the church and other special effects like that. I'm not impressed when what the characters can do is too slick and inhumanly impressive; I'd prefer a really good normal fight with cool signature kicks, punches and throws, or a realistic-looking sword fight. But I suppose that doing it the ultra-fast-cut and floaty, unrealistic way saves them money over trying to put realist human movement and more detailed CG shots that people will be able scrutinize for most of the film. At any rate, the film is worth it just to see beautiful hi-res character redesigns of some old faves that actually work and do them justice. I'm scared though- Tifa looks more Rinoa-like, especially as she's nicked Rinoa's armband and shorts/trailing clothes effect style of outfit- they're not allowed to overshadow old characters by nicking their traits and giving them to other old characters that were more popular... That's just wronnnng (you can tell I like Rinoa)... :?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I like Final Fantasy VII, but the game is overrated on far too many levels. While indeed good, I preffer Final Fantasy 10 over it. That, and the ending and the ending fight of final fantasy X made it that much better.

I'm not saying anything bad about FFVII, and it's probably almost a tie between it and X, but I just hate how overrated it is.

Also, in Advent Children, I loved Tifa. She's completely amazing. :D Her character design being changed into the awesome littel tail of the coat, the black leather top, and the small, lady-like gloves was a definately great way to go about the character change. And Yuffie's character design was incredibly cute! You can't go wrong with extra-long boots, and cute flower-designed shirt. Nanaki's design was so realistic, it was simply eye candy!

Oh, by the way, I say poo on Dirge of Cerberus. :evil: The game was a big dissapointment... Only good thing about it were the CG scenes, and the song by Gackt....

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?