Resident Evil 4

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

contact

Resident Evil 4

Post by contact »

Now that it's out on the PS2 aswell as the gamecube, a lot more people should be able to play it. Anyone here seen/played it ? ITS AWESOME!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I have completed RE4 for the PS2 on normal mode and I am working my way through the professional difficulty setting to get the new weapons. I especially like the new mini game and the new unlockables that come with the PS2 version.
contact

Post by contact »

yeah the average joe-shmo enemy can take a lot more punishment on professional.
Any good stuff in the PS2 version? I only have the gamecube one.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The new features that come with the PS2 version are
  • New chapters, you play as Ada Wong in Separate Ways.
    New weapons, which includs the PRL 412 laser cannon and the gunpowder bowgun
    New unlockable costumes for Leon and Ashley.
douyang

Post by douyang »

If anyone here plays professional, how do you get through the insanely difficult to kill enemies? I started a professional game but quit since I kept running out of ammo and getting killed by run of the mill villagers.
contact

Post by contact »

From the very start, collect all the ammo possible and don't kill anyone that you can get around. Knife them in the head and kick them, or shoot/knife them in the leg if they're running at you.
douyang

Post by douyang »

Has anyone here ever tried to beat the entire game without using any of the merchants? I found out about this guy, Vincent Merken, who wrote a walkthrough and put up a video someplace for a no merchants run through RE4. He also did a handgun only guide.