Poll- Your Favourite... Sonic the Hedgehog character

From Sonic to Mario to Final Fantasy to Soul Calibur and everything else, talk about videogames here

Moderator: sonic

Who's your favourite Sonic game series character?

Sonic the Hedgehog
17%
Miles "Tails" Prower
25%
Knuckles the Echidna
33%
Amy Rose
No votes
Shadow the Hedgehog
No votes
Rouge the Bat
No votes
Cream the Rabbit
No votes
Big the Cat
No votes
Dr. Eggman/Dr. Robotnik
No votes
Other (Chaotix crew, E-102, Gamma, Ray etcetera)
25%

Total votes: 12

sonic
Special

Poll- Your Favourite... Sonic the Hedgehog character

Post by sonic »

Now, I know that everyone who's ever played videogames must've played Sonic, even if it was only as a youngster. So... I want to know who everybody's favourites are- is it the fox, the echida, the bat, the cat, or maybe someone else (the hedgehog himself is there too of course)?
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spica

Post by Spica »

I'd have to say Sonic, or rather Super Sonic (or, in Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Hyper Sonic). He's so much more graceful than that unwieldy little italian that so many people love.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
ghst.01

Post by ghst.01 »

I loved playing as knuckles on the DC games.. He could fly, punch, and dig... ^_^
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

ghst.01 wrote:I loved playing as knuckles on the DC games.. He could fly, punch, and dig... ^_^
I agree with this.

Except the robot on the Sonic: Adventure games was cool too with the targeting things and the missiles.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Well I sorta cheated. I loved being able to play Tails single player when you used the special code in I believe Sonic 2, but I'm also basing my vote on the TV anime which I really loved growing up. Tails was always my favorite.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I just remembered in one game having to select different songs/sound clips in order to unlock him. I could just be crazy though.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I know a cheat like that in Sonic 2 that allowed a level select...

You're not crazy, it might just be because we have different versions of the game or something (I have the UK Sega Megadrive PAL version). Occassionally they make little tweaks to regional releases, since they usually come out at increasingly later dates.
Spica

Post by Spica »

I liked both Tails and Knuckles, but they each had several fundimental flaws. Tails never had a real ending in the same way that Sonic or Knuckles did, and in Sonic 3 it was next to impossible to beat Robotnic in Marble Gardens as tails. Though Knuckles could glide and climb, he also gets shafted with more obnoxious bosses, and he can't use Sonic's insta-shield, which became exteamly potent in combination with shields. What was best was to play as Sonic and Tails together. That way tails can air lift Sonic when he needs it, as well as suicidally attack the more dangerous badnics, and Sonic can ditch Tails when he goes Super Sonic (or just whenever its convenient).
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

and in Sonic 3 it was next to impossible to beat Robotnic in Marble Gardens as tails. Though Knuckles could glide and climb, he also gets shafted with more obnoxious bosses
Nahhhhh! The most difficulty I ever had with getting through Sonic games (specifically, bosses) was in the Master System/Game Gear titles, which for some reason were much harder. Although, Sonic Heroes is giving me a tough time (got it for Christmas and have been playing it very slowly)... The 3D control is still a bit iffy at times, too much going flying off the edges for no reason. Especially in Rail Canyon. Looks great though.
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowferret

Post by shadowferret »

I always like Chaotix, Vector the most, for some reason.
A good second was Cream, though. She was just such a cute kid.
Third would have to be Tails. Who can resist the cute little guy?
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

tails is my homeboy because he's the charming little underdog support character I always played when my brother played as sonic in sonic 2/3/&knucles on the megadrive. In a one player game sonic is more fun though speed is just a cooler superpower than flight.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Maltese Kentaiba

Post by Maltese Kentaiba »

Metal sonic/mecha Sonic or Nack the weasel/Fang the sniper
Espio the chameleon one of those three
When the chips are down, and the other guy is holding four aces and you an empty hand; it's time to kick the table over
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:Metal sonic/mecha Sonic or Nack the weasel/Fang the sniper
Espio the chameleon one of those three
Wow how come I don't know any of those characters. I mean I know Sonic (but not in those "forms"), but I don't know Fang or Nack. :p
Maltese Kentaiba

Post by Maltese Kentaiba »

Espio hasn't made an appearance in any game wherein he's a member of the chaotix in the archie comic book, Metal sonic's first debut was sonic cd and the newest game he's in i think is sonic heroes or sonic adventure 2. Nack the weasel is another older character, sonic triple trouble for the game gear sega's first hand held and the video game industries first colored one
Fang the sniper and mecha sonic are what they're called in Japan, like Dr. eggman and robotnik
When the chips are down, and the other guy is holding four aces and you an empty hand; it's time to kick the table over
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Espio hasn't made an appearance in any game wherein he's a member of the chaotix in the archie comic book,
Espio is a Chaotix member. I thought he was in Knuckles Chaotix on the 32X, but if not then he is at least certainly one of them in Sonic Heroes. I did love the original oldie character design for him.
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.