Is this place dying?

This was a test forum (back when the Boards had to be recreated) but since has become the Guest Book. Let us know what you think!

Moderator: sonic

simon's ghost

Is this place dying?

Post by simon's ghost »

Even between long droughts of GitS releases, this place has never been so deserted? What's going on?
Oh well.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I check in every once in a while hoping. But it seems like everyone has gone off to play somewhere else :cry: To bad because it seems the Spammers have lost the address. :(
H-street

Post by H-street »

takotech seems to have been abandoned too..
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

It feels a bit odd - like there are plenty of people here but no-one is talking...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I think this site is just floating around in cyberspace until someone else buys the Domain :( Kind of sad that something as interesting as GITS has to die such a slow death on a site that should be jumping.

I'd buy it if I could afford it. I could probably be saved if it was handled with care again
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

It's not dying, it IS dead. :cry:

But don't worry, as soon as a big announcement will be made (either a live action movie or something else), I'm sure it will revive again, like a completely refurbished cyborg :wink:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Dead men cannot speak - this place can't be dead or we wouldn't be here talking about it :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

i'm here...every now and then.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I spent about an hour here today revisiting some of the threads. It's a shame this place is so deserted now. There were a lot of good thoughts, ideas and arguements going when it ended. I think Jeni leaving was really the death nail. Not much has happened since then.

To bad. It was nice have people make observations that would send you back to rewatch a movie or episode with new eyes.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

It's funny how I just realized that I never contributed much. I mean I never posted much. I always enjoyed reading the discussions and all but taking time to post is another thing. Now I'm wondering if I contributed to this place dying...
Oh well.
Saito

Post by Saito »

Don't beat yourself up. The usual reason no-one posts is they have already asked all the questions, and so new folks find answers in existing posts (I know I did).

It's weird, if we met in real life I bet we wouldn't stop talking for a few days. The place feels like a crowd of people stood on a room all assuming they have nothing more to say, when in fact I think we'd all be able to have many fascinating conversations :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Saito wrote:Don't beat yourself up. The usual reason no-one posts is they have already asked all the questions, and so new folks find answers in existing posts (I know I did).

It's weird, if we met in real life I bet we wouldn't stop talking for a few days. The place feels like a crowd of people stood on a room all assuming they have nothing more to say, when in fact I think we'd all be able to have many fascinating conversations :)
I totally agree. It's much easier to speak than to type. Also in a face to face you get immediate feedback.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I lurk...

waiting for a hapless philosophy thread to pass by so I can pounce on it...

:twisted:
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

There you go!
Oh well.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Avatars are back... Jeff posted... We got caught sleeping people!
Oh well.