Is this place dying?

This was a test forum (back when the Boards had to be recreated) but since has become the Guest Book. Let us know what you think!

Moderator: sonic

Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

No, I'M the one who was sleeping!!! :D

But now I'm back from a veeerrrrry long winter's nap (might as well keep up the sleeping analogy), and within a couple of weeks I'll have a completely redesigned site up. The text will stay the same for awhile (until I manage the strength to go back and read what I wrote almost ten years ago, when this site started), but eventually that will be updated, too. Right now I have the front page and the first movie page done.

We've also moved hosts, but that should be transparent. Still, if anyone notices anything really strange, let me know. (PMing me works better than sending email, as my email address for this site gets more spam than a Monty Python skit.)

More later,
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:No, I'M the one who was sleeping!!! :D

But now I'm back from a veeerrrrry long winter's nap (might as well keep up the sleeping analogy), and within a couple of weeks I'll have a completely redesigned site up. The text will stay the same for awhile (until I manage the strength to go back and read what I wrote almost ten years ago, when this site started), but eventually that will be updated, too. Right now I have the front page and the first movie page done.

We've also moved hosts, but that should be transparent. Still, if anyone notices anything really strange, let me know. (PMing me works better than sending email, as my email address for this site gets more spam than a Monty Python skit.)

More later,
Jeff
Thats great. It would be nice if everyone woke up and came back :D I miss everyone
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Epiphany wrote:
Jeff Georgeson wrote:No, I'M the one who was sleeping!!! :D

More later,
Jeff
Thats great. It would be nice if everyone woke up and came back :D I miss everyone
Such as moi? Hey there! :)
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

The new site's up! Why take a couple of weeks when you can do it in a few days? :twisted:

I've really posted all about this in the Site Update forum, but I thought I'd mention it here as well.

(Hi, Marto!!!)

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:The new site's up! Why take a couple of weeks when you can do it in a few days? :twisted:

I've really posted all about this in the Site Update forum, but I thought I'd mention it here as well.

(Hi, Marto!!!)

Cheers,
Jeff
Hey Jeff. Sorry, didn't see you say "hi" so hello! :)

I've been kind of holding the reins in this place as far as trying to reach people, but it's more difficult than I thought.

What happened to Jen? Is she still here?

mm
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

I hope it sticks around. I just joined...been with GITS for a long time, but finally decided to find others like me
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

stand-al0ne wrote:I hope it sticks around. I just joined...been with GITS for a long time, but finally decided to find others like me
Hey stand-alone. Nice to have you on the team.

We're fairly dead, but hey, what are you going to do when there's literally nothing for us to talk about? And so few of us have gotten a chance to get our hands on the remake of the first movie, that it's hard to talk about that either.

Ah well, soon it'll thrive again.

:) Welcome anyway!

mm
Colmy_DD

Post by Colmy_DD »

good good, well to get this place up and runnoing i think we shuld all collaborativly make the first cyberbrai... whats a bit of ethical bio-engineering between people!
What i'd thought i'd do is pretend to be one of those individuals... or should i??
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

well, it may be "dead" or stuck in a transition stage, but no matter. A community is a community no matter what size the group (with exception to 1 :wink: ). And if things pick up, which in all likelihood is projected, then the more the merrier.

My vice is wanting more. The end of 2nd GiG literally left me up almost all night. SOOO many questions, but more "I have really connected with these characters and now we've parted ways".

But as soon as Solid State came in the mail...well I guess you could say the biggest asset that movie gave was comfort. Comfort in the fact that it gave you more, for better or worse, the same thrill and happiness from the 1st and 2nd season (tv show of course)...It gave us an update on everyone since we parted ways. Yeah, things were different and yes they likely will not be the same as they were, but it was good to know that there was not an end.

For the most part, I would take a direct continuation from Solid State Society, but at the same time a live action movie would be interesting(and from the talks of who would be behind it, it would do the series justice). I mean, hey, who would have thought the reincarnation of transformers on the big screen would have included everything we loved(aside from Soundwave!!)

But as for me, I'll still keep a slim hope out that a 3rd GIG may yet come to fruition...and blab my thoughts on the forums :o

-

s-a
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

not to mention im finally developing my profile! :roll:

ok ok, actual GITS (likely SAC) related-content to come soon...
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
M4nu3l

Post by M4nu3l »

It seemed dead when I joined months ago, but i came back after seeing there was still life on these boards! I'll be inviting people here sooner or later. Most GitS fans that I know, don't know about this board. (it's not like we're elitist) :twisted:
Salvosuper

Post by Salvosuper »

I just signed in, please dont let this die!
cong06

Post by cong06 »

you do your part and we'll all do ours ;)
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

always lurking!
Oh well.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

The site runs in spurts. right now we're all waiting on something new to come out. But if you have questions, comments or any other type topic starter people will respond :D
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.