Stand Alone Complex DVDs and other SAC related products

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

This quote is from http://www.takotech.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141

The first one I want to relate is that the Gits Sac Official Log #2 may have been cancelled. According to Right Stuf, they were told by Manga Entertainment that the item has been cancelled. But I have also read info on the Anime Central announcements made by Manga Entertainment that they have just experienced severe delays with the book and DVD set and that they still intend to release it. I'm not certain who is correct on this, but at the very least, do not expect it to be released any time soon.
H-street

Post by H-street »

anyone else pick of Vol5 of the 2nd Gig DVD today?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I haven't picked it up yet, I plan to get it very soon. How are volume 5's extras and figurines that come with the limited edition.
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Mines coming from Amazon, should be here today!
*dances around*
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
H-street

Post by H-street »

i haven't watched the specials yet, figures are nice though (finally finished LMF logo)..

although does anyone know what hte little blue piece (blue cylinder like thing) is for? came with the other tachi, is it suppose to hold it up? (mine stands fine without it)
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

does anyone know what hte little blue piece (blue cylinder like thing) is for? came with the other tachi, is it suppose to hold it up?
That's what it appears to be for. How's the paint job on your Togusa? Mine kinda looks like he's got five o'clock shadow due to some of the color for his hair ending up on his chin. I'm debating whether to pop down to the hobby shop to get some pink paint for a touch-up, or tell everyone that he's auditioning for the part of Aragorn in a Lord of the Rings remake... :lol:
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

H-street, the blue cylinder can be used to make the Tachikoma figures hold it up.

On the SAC 2nd Gig DVD section of the http://ghostintheshell.tv website, there are small images of the what the last two DVD volumes will look like.

As for the status of SAC Official Log Volume 2 with book and DVD, here is a quote from a reply email from Manga Entertainment to me
As of right now it has been delayed and no new date is set as of yet.
The Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Volume 1 novel from DH Press Books is out, if you want to check out a preview of it to decide whether to buy it or not click on http://www.dhpressbooks.com/profile.php ... did=13-466
H-street

Post by H-street »

so far Disk1 has the best art..

i'd love for a wallscroll of the disk 1 art
H-street

Post by H-street »

you knew this question was coming,

3 weeks until Vol6 of the 2nd Gig DVD.. any info on the SE?

looks like more figures, are they more of the megatech figures? and do we know which ones they are? some of the websites are listing that there will be 3 figures.

the cover art isn't too bad either

http://www.mediacavern.com/mnga25232.html
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

According to the English Production IG site, here is the sales figures for Japan and America of the SAC DVD volumes.
With more than 1.5 million copies sold in Japan and 100.000 copies per volume sold in the USA, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has consolidated his place among the classics in the world of science fiction.
headpower

Post by headpower »

i though america has a bigger market than japan but again anime is considered to be "child stuff" by mainstream ppls but again, i found most tv, movie shows in america are rather simple or close to idiotic. oh well
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

headpower wrote:i though america has a bigger market than japan but again anime is considered to be "child stuff" by mainstream pps but again, i found most tv, movie shows in america are rather simple or close to idiotic. oh well
I was going to contest that statement until I realized that there are shows on TV right now, like America's Got Talent that most definitely prove your point. :)
Salaadin

Post by Salaadin »

Im looking around to see if GITS: SAC 2nd GIG Volume 7 is going to come with a box or tin of some sort to hold all the DVDs, and cant seem to find any info on this.

Have you guys heard/seen anything?

I just received 1st GIG Vol 1-7, all special editions, in the mail two days ago and love it. Ill be doing the same for 2nd GIG as well.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The only image of the last DVD volume in SAC 2nd Gig is on the Right Stuff website at http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 0604/4/0/0. It looks like that Volume 7 SE discs will be in a single DVD tin case inside a cardboard box.

No news on if this volume will come with a box to hold all of the previous SAC 2nd Gig DVD volumes.
Salaadin

Post by Salaadin »

Thats the only image I can find as well.

Itd be nice if they released something to hold all the DVDs in. I guess we just have to wait and see if anything is announced.