Stand Alone Complex DVDs and other SAC related products

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Stand Alone Complex DVDs and other SAC related products

Post by Motoko2030 »

In SAC 2nd Gig Volume 3, we get to see Motoko Kusanagi when she is six years old and getting her first prosthetic body (does anyone here know what her real name is, since I am pretty sure that she an every one else at Section 9 calls her by her alias name, which is Motoko Kusanagi)

The cover art for the SAC 2nd Gig Volume 4 limited edition DVD set is at http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc ... s/4854.php, it comes with a Batou figure, a Jameson type figure and the maid doll figure from the ¥€$ episode during season 1.

Stand Alone Complex Official Log Volume 2, which covers episodes 20 through 26 comes out this year, Manga USA website says that its release date is Tuesday January 24th while Anime Corner's website says that it is coming out on June 15th 2006.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I aways assumed Motoko was her real name. Hmm.....

I have so much to buy! Today is the 24th, but I don't think the 2nd log is out. I really need to catch up on the 2nd gig as I only have the first volume.

Say when is the third realsed?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Black Mamba, if you are talking about the third volume of SAC 2nd Gig, it came out on Tuesday 24th January, everyone including me was hoping that this volume would come with Stand Alone Complex OST 3 soundtrack CD with the Christmas in the Silent Forest song, but I picked up this volume today and it didn't come with the CD just the two figures of Motoko and a Tachikoma.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Black Mamba wrote:I aways assumed Motoko was her real name. Hmm.....

Well, the manga says right off the bat that it's an alias and later on in the 2nd Gig she confirms this to be the case also in the SAC. Also, she states that she doesn't remember her real name - perhaps she's wiped off some of her own memories to keep her former life from interfering with her career...She did say at the end of the first season, that if neccesary for survival, she's willing to change memories, as well...
I picked up this volume today and it didn't come with the CD just the two figures of Motoko and a Tachikoma.

Bummer. And now even Anime Corner Store agrees with you. I would imagine, that it'll appear later on, with some other volume. Or at least I hope so.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Marlene

Post by Marlene »

Wow!

Thanks for reminding me. I'm going out today and going to get it!

(Yeah!)

So they have figures with them. That is so odd because I already have the one of the Jameson Robot, the Maid, and I have one of Togusa with part of the Laughing man base. (I got it a year or two ago in Toronto at a comic book store called Silver Snail.) I've been looking for others since then.

Does anyone know where they are from?

Marlene
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

If you don't want to buy the third volume now then you can always watch the episodes that are featured on the third volume on Sunday mornings at 12:30am Eastern time on Adult Swim, including the episode where we get an insight to Motoko when she was around about six years old and why she needed to a prosthetic body in order to survive.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:If you don't want to buy the third volume now then you can always watch the episodes that are featured on the third volume on Sunday mornings at 12:30am Eastern time on Adult Swim, including the episode where we get an insight to Motoko when she was around about six years old and why she needed to a prosthetic body in order to survive.
Is that the episode on tomorrow night (or rather Sunday morning)? I'm pretty interested in this.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The episode that airs this week on Stand Alone Complex is called AMBIVALENCE
Batou and Togusa are on the trail of cybernetically enhanced terrorists who’ve launched a series of suicide bomb attacks against businesses profiting from the refugee situation. Meanwhile, Motoko attempts a daring infiltration of Gohda’s computer system and makes some startling discoveries about the Individual 11.

From www.ghostintheshell.tv website

The episode called AFFECTION should air in two weeks, that is the episode with the flashback to Motoko's past.
While field-testing a group of Section 9 candidates, Motoko is inexplicably drawn to a bizarre memorabilia store in a surreal back alley. Inside, she soon discovers a mysterious artifact which reminds her of traumatic events from her distant childhood.
From www.ghostintheshell.tv website
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Can wait till' tomorrow. This Gohda feller is quite the character...... But I'm not understanding why some episodes aren't being completed. Like the one where Togusa helps that girl with her fiance(?) who was from a Russian Refuge Camp. Some of that information might be invalid (its been a while), but I remember it ended in suspence with the girl getting obducted. What happened?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The men in black in that episode who abducted her were sub-ordinates of Gohda. The reason why her fiancee was killed that when he was underground cleaning the walls, there was a nuclear accident of a nuclear reactor that shouldn't have been there so he was killed so that he couldn't expose the cover-up of the nuclear accident to the public.

In the next episode called Pu239, the government tried to transport the plutonium from Tokyo (where Togusa found the nuclear reactor in the previous episode)by sea but because of a military leak, the Individual 11 learnt of the transport, so Kayabuki (Japanese Prime Minister) ordered Section 9 to transport the plutonium by land.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Thanks for that info Motoko2030. I was really starting to wondering, didn't understand that one very well.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Black Mamba wrote:Thanks for that info Motoko2030. I was really starting to wondering, didn't understand that one very well.

For some reason, they all wear exactly the same suits - and Gouda himself wears one, too. Not too smart for intelligence agents in an illegal errand, if you ask me.

And from what the man Togusa tried to ask about Kotan said, it seems that Gouda himself had been making questions in the area. That sounded a little wierd, considering that he has dozens of underlings to do that kind of stuff for him - he must know that he leaves a lasting impression, anywhere he goes...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

According to Anchor Bay Entertainment (I think the distributor of the Ghost in the Shell DVDs) at http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/i ... PriCatID=8, SAC 2nd Gig Volume 4 Limited Edition will contain an original Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig soundtrack CD, I hope this is true and that the soundtrack CD will be OST 3.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

They were saying the same thing for the 3rd dvd.. I hope it's real this time.
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

The 3rd OST, so far as far as I know isn't going to be released as an extra. Perhaps for the later volumes, but until volume 6, volumes 3, 4, and 5 will contain the Batou, Togusa, and Motoko figurines. Along with 1/2 extra figurines. I thoroughly enjoy the Tachikoma that came with my Motoko. :) Next thing on my list however is that british Innocence dvd. <_< aww....import tax.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?