in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The old boards and the new...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic
Special

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: The old boards and the new... Reply with quote

Is it just me, or did these forums not really return the same way they used to be... Something's missing... The mood changed... (Something's in the air in the world generally, and I don't like it but I can't place it... I get that unsettling feeling). :(

Extra sensitivity; what do you do with it? Sad
Lightice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more rooms, so the conversation gets split into larger area. Also, people are used to the boards being gone, so they don't remember to post as often.
Jeni Nielsen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: The old boards and the new... Reply with quote

Sylphisonic wrote:
Is it just me, or did these forums not really return the same way they used to be... Something's missing... The mood changed... (Something's in the air in the world generally, and I don't like it but I can't place it... I get that unsettling feeling). :(

It's cause Marto hasn't come back yet! I miss that kid. Sad
Black Mamba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: The old boards and the new... Reply with quote

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Sylphisonic wrote:

hehe, thats what i was gonna say! Someone email him!

I kinda miss the green color scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only are there more rooms, but there are also more members (I feel) since the SAC series started. I guess it reached a broader audience because people here who mainly came after the first movie were more into the philosophy than anything else and now the conversation seems to vary a little more. 'dat help'?
sonic
Special

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... That's funny, Simon... I mentioned it to Jeff last night, and he said the same thing about GitS on Cartoon Network with SAC and all that. I guess it's a pattern- now that I think about it, it's been happening to other things I like for similar reasons. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
It's cause Marto hasn't come back yet! I miss that kid.

Yeah! You're right! I think lots of people miss Marto... I really miss Marto too. He was a lovely person (but I don't think he'd appreciate you calling him "kid", hahhahha Laughing )
base of the pillar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Simon. It seems that the conversation has gone through a downgrade since these came back up. I noticed the other day that the philosophy section seems smaller and there are more. What's your favourite.... Aside from that I agree that the forums just feel different.

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
base of the pillar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it was hypocritical of me to talk about how to posts when I've done the same thing. Hmmm my foot has a kind of salty taste.

simon's ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try not to consider this kind of change as a down or upgrade. Things are different. Just different. It's an upgrade to you if you like it, then it will be a downgrade to some others...and personal taste is just that, personal.
base of the pillar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that is a little airy of me. Your right it's not an up or down grade, just different.

Spica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to post as much because of my classes, I'm a junior (in college) now and the work is getting to be more time consuming.

I would post in the philosophy section, because I've got lots of ideas, but it takes lots of time and I'd rather not have some immoral philosopher go online and steal my ideas (I want to write a book some day, and I'd prefere that my ideas to stay mine untill then).
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The old boards and the new... Reply with quote

Jeni Nielsen wrote:

:) Okay, just reading that gave me the most wonderful warm feeling imaginable! But it's ok, the kid is back. Razz

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elmo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: The old boards and the new... Reply with quote

marto_motoko wrote:
the kid is back. Razz

~Elmo performs the happy dance :D

personally i think it's just the philosophy boards that don't feel the same, we had some awesome lil' discussions going ..along time ago on a board far, far away(well here and last year, but you catch my drift anyway Wink )
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The old boards and the new... Reply with quote

Elmo wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:
the kid is back. Razz

~Elmo performs the happy dance :D

personally i think it's just the philosophy boards that don't feel the same, we had some awesome lil' discussions going ..along time ago on a board far, far away(well here and last year, but you catch my drift anyway Wink )

I sure do, but I guess it's up to us to get them back to the way that they were. However, you also have to get used to some changes. Such as my limited time, along with some of the old members being incapable of doing as much on the boards as we used to. Sad I sure wish I could spare more time, but then again, this is my first time here in three or so weeks.

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Epiphany

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that...some old familier names showing up and posting. Thats a good sign Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Guest Book All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: