The old boards and the new...

This was a test forum (back when the Boards had to be recreated) but since has become the Guest Book. Let us know what you think!

Moderator: sonic

sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I like that...some old familier names showing up and posting.
...And here's another one :wink:

Hello! I was inspired to drop by due to Jeff updating the site and mentioning there were still... well... people here.

Has it really been nearly two years? I'm sorry I abandoned everyone :(
The truth is, I thought it'd be nice to do a little growing up that wasn't so very publically online for a while. I did a lot of that here, and I loved doing it, and I love that all the various people who were here were around to talk to- no doubts at all that it helped me grow up loads! But I've been away for a couple of years to try doing things at a different pace, and I'm quite a different person now! Yay (it's a good thing- more mellow now)! I hope that makes sense, but if you have no idea who I am or what I'm talking about, no worries! :wink:

I can't really make any real online comittments, so I don't think I'll end up being the kind of regular I used to be. LOL, maybe it's 'cause I'm getting older, but I just feel like it's too easy to burn myself out these days (no no no- I'm still not that old yet... just older than before!). I am still at uni, btw! Japanese wasn't going anywhere (i.e. still no next level courses being offered :? , so I switched to art! But I'm chipping away at adding more different kinds of things into my education (up hill all the way, whoohoo). In the last two years I've taken digital art classes, painting, drawing, design... it's been interesting. Other than that, the main thing I've been into online these days is anime cels :mrgreen: I have a small collection and I'm working on getting it all scanned nicely; when I'm done I'll drop a link here. No GitS sadly (darn those are tempting though!), but I do have a neat M-66 cel! Since it's Shirow-related I ought to post it here sometime.

Well... if I feel like it at some point I'll write a proper Sylphi-sized catch-up post explaining more. But otherwise, I just wanted to say that I love all of you! I do! *hearts* Even if I'm never here or I never come back for years, I really do remember you guys (that's gender-neutral intended), and I'll always like you; wherever you come from in the world and wherever you're going. Sorry for the ott mush, but you know what I mean. I can't promise to come back and help revitalise this place, but I will try to drop by occassionally (in other words I may not be too good at replying and keeping up with discussions anymore). Even if it's years, we should all drop by and say hi sometime though, right?

Well... wow- I guess I haven't changed that much. Tried to make this a concise "hello", ended up with 3 paragraphs! Well... um... later then!

-Love Sylphi -x-
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Oh, and by the way- to the "newer" members here- I am not the moderator really, I just have moderator abilities. The fact that it says I'm the moderator of every topic here doesn't mean it's actually my job, lol. It was just a convenience thing, initially. Er... yup, that'll confuse you!
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

It would be really nice to see Jeni come back :wink:
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Epiphany wrote:It would be really nice to see Jeni come back :wink:
AWWWW youse guys make me feel so warm and squishy inside. :-p

I'm back and I'm glad this place is back too. And if Jeff will have me I think I may take up my moderator duties again...

Look down... yeah I kinda miss those days. ^_^
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Epiphany wrote:It would be really nice to see Jeni come back :wink:
AWWWW youse guys make me feel so warm and squishy inside. :-p

I'm back and I'm glad this place is back too. And if Jeff will have me I think I may take up my moderator duties again...

Look down... yeah I kinda miss those days. ^_^
You just got frustrated. We all understood. You spent every moment you were here deleting spammers
Not to pat you on the back or anything you were a big part of the sites personality. I think now that Jeff and you are here a lot of MIA's will return
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

...I am not welcome... Darn... :cry:
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

...But hey, Jeni! How are you keeping these days?
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Sylphisonic wrote:...I am not welcome... Darn... :cry:
Yes your welcome too :oops: I thought I said that the other day :oops: My Bad
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Thanks :mrgreen: I thought I was being singled out. Oh no- they all hate me! (How emotionally fragile that would be, lol).

Now hug me or die. VWAA HA HA HA HAAHHH! :lol: :twisted:
(really getting into this whole evil villain thing)
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

as usual, you're nuts.

like any good villain!
Oh well.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

:arrow: Is *not* nuts. Just human :P

Well you know, you stay attracted to the evil villains for so long, you end up becoming one. LOL (wait did I just say I was attracted to the evil villains? Oh no, the secret is out).

...BTW, simply amazing! There multiple individuals of us oldies all on here right now! Memories *hearts* (this is a Jekyll and Hyde thing, eh? The warm sentimental hugs. The devestating wrath. It's all good to me.)
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Sylphisonic wrote::arrow: Is *not* nuts. Just human :P

Well you know, you stay attracted to the evil villains for so long, you end up becoming one. LOL (wait did I just say I was attracted to the evil villains? Oh no, the secret is out).

...BTW, simply amazing! There multiple individuals of us oldies all on here right now! Memories *hearts* (this is a Jekyll and Hyde thing, eh? The warm sentimental hugs. The devestating wrath. It's all good to me.)
Love me / Hate Me.....Just don't Ignore Me :lol: :lol: :lol:
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

it's seems that everyone here has been pretty loyal to check up on these boards...it's always been the most intellectually stimulating to me.

welcome back, fellow cybernauts (i had to steal that from your article, jeff).
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

GhostLine wrote:it's seems that everyone here has been pretty loyal to check up on these boards...it's always been the most intellectually stimulating to me.

welcome back, fellow cybernauts (i had to steal that from your article, jeff).
8) There has been more activity on the boards in the past few days than in the last six months 8) It's nice to see that I wasn't the only one missing this place
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

:D
Last edited by Jeni Nielsen on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.