in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rarest of the Rare

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spica

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Rarest of the Rare Reply with quote

OK, so it's not really the rarest of the rare (which is the Japanese solid box version of MMI), but I was able to get my hands on the first and sixth issues of the comic book version of the original manga. Someone had apparently sold their entire collection of comics to my local comic book store and the two issues had been included in it. I had been searching the comic shops in my area for some of these origional issues for years, so my heart practically skipped a beat when I saw them on the rare (and expensive) comics shelf.

Amazon.com also finally shipped me the copy of Dominion: Tank Police that my parents had ordered me for Christmas, but Dominion Conflict One still has not arrived yet and is scheduled to sometime in late february.
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have volume 11 of 11. :S Not only are they expensive, but VERY hard to find! Congrats on your obtaining them!

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was MMI that had 11 issues, the origional had 8. I bought all the issues of MMI the first day they came out and I now have issues 1 and 6 of the origional manga.
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spica wrote:
It was MMI that had 11 issues, the origional had 8. I bought all the issues of MMI the first day they came out and I now have issues 1 and 6 of the origional manga.

Oh! I completely forgot that the original was also split up. But if I recall correctly, didn't they have the separate editions on Darkhorse.com?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spica

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you "buy" something on the Darkhorse web site, you are actually linked to a third party that sells the product. In and of itself that is not a problem, but the third party site does not always sell the product for its original price and does not always have the item in stock (at least that's the what happened when I bought Dominion and Dominion Conflict One).
simon's ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now how doe's that happen? Are they forced to employ a third party or are they actually reluctant to selling their material themselves?

Last edited by simon's ghost on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon's ghost wrote:
Now how doe's that happen? Are they force to employ a third party or are they actually reluctant to selling their material themselves?

:S Perhaps too lazy? Very Happy Call me masochistic for this, but I love the whole 'hunt the item down' game online! It's just FUN to have to play hide and seek with something, such as the GitS ps1 game, and then when you find it, you're fifty times more excited!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> The Manga All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: