in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miyazaki Films on TCM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motoko2030

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirited Away is being shown on Cartoon Network this Friday at 7 PM (Eastern Time)
sonic
Special

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy
ghst.01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I'm so confused, I missed 40 minutes into it but man am I lost! That little girl is so annoying!
Motoko2030

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirited Away is being repeated at 12:30 AM (Eastern Time) tonight, so that is early Saturday morning.
ghst.01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy :woot: I have a reminder and my watch alarm set. It was really, really good but I really want to see the beggining.

Update: I still really dislike the voice actor for the little girl, but the animation and transition from abandoned theme park, and pigging out parents to pigs in a different world was just... wow!
Jeni Nielsen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghst.01 wrote:
Very Happy :woot: I have a reminder and my watch alarm set. It was really, really good but I really want to see the beggining.

Update: I still really dislike the voice actor for the little girl, but the animation and transition from abandoned theme park, and pigging out parents to pigs in a different world was just... wow!

Really? I thought she was quite good. Davidegh Chase (I'm pretty sure I messed yo her first name) also played Lilo in Lilo and Stitch and Dot in A Bugs Life and I thought she did well in all of them. Eh to each his own though. I really liked Haku's voice actor despite the fact I like him better in Japanese.

On a side note, I love that recently I was able to watch Spirited Away in Japanese subtitle free and understand a lot of it. ^__^ That just means my Japanese is improving! YAY! ^_^
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Spirited Away. Not because it was mindblowingly amazing, or because it was very action-filled or phylosophy filled, but for the simple fact that it was very imaginative, and was like the kind of stories that we were read when we were very very young, and our grandparents (or so it was in my case) put me to sleep reading them while Bach was playing in the background. Smile I guess to me the movie was just a very nice reminder of how welcoming and how beautiful the human imagination is!

m.m.

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ghst.01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't seem to figure out how someone thinks up that plot..... I mean really does it just pop into your thought or what?

Quote:

Really? I thought she was quite good. Davidegh Chase (I'm pretty sure I messed yo her first name) also played Lilo in Lilo and Stitch and Dot in A Bugs Life and I thought she did well in all of them. Eh to each his own though. I really liked Haku's voice actor despite the fact I like him better in Japanese.

*nod* Haku's actor seemed to fit with the character. Bear in mind the first time I watched it, it was 40 minutes in and she was trying to get a job... bloody high-pitched parrot. ( " GIVE ME A JOBBBB !!! " x10 )
GhostLine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really appreciative of TCM introducing anime to their vaults. I've never seen Whisper of the Heart, Pom Poko, nor Only Yesterday before. I can't wait to see Studio Ghibli's new project based on the EarthSea novels.
Motoko2030

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also glad that TCM showed his movies, I never watched any of his movies before TCM aired them. All of his films were excellent, after watching Whisper of the Heart, I couldn't get that song out of my head.
ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen every one of his mvoies, exsept for only yesterday, is it good?...What am I saying? Of corse it's good it's a miyazaki film.

Last edited by ghost on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Motoko2030

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toonami on the Cartoon Network Channel is airing four of Miyazaki's Films on Saturday March 18th starting at 7:30 pm.

Quote:
Starting at 7:30pm Saturday, March 18, Toonami will celebrate their 9th anniversary by airing a month of Miyazaki films:

Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
Princess Mononoke

Edits (if any) to the film remain unknown.

This was taken from http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/newspro/latest_news.shtml#newsitemEEuEpkEplApRbOLuan

I don't know if these films will be in English or in subtitles.
Spica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Cartoon Network, so they will probably be dubed just like all the other anime shown on that station.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: