in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soul Calibur!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spica

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played it quite a bit with friends. I liked it a lot better than the second one, which I refused to play after a while (mainly because I didn't like the girl's costumes, DOA has spoiled me). I can tell you that the new characters (Zasamel and Tira) are good. I usually play with Xianghuan, she's got a nice balance between speed, power and reach, plus she can throw temper tantrums.
Jeni Nielsen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard mixed things. I've heard that people who play certain characters (Kilik and Ivy especially) have to relearn how to play them all over again which kind of ticks me off since I was a huge Kilik fan. As for the costumes I'm excited. Mostly I'm really excited about the create your own character mode. I plan on buying this game at some point.
Spica

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voldo is just as disgusting as always, maybe even more so. He still rasps, he has that nasty "air hump" move (where he gets down on all fours with his face up and bounces his opponent through the air by thrusting his pelvis), he has his swimming move, and one of his outfits now involves a thong.
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game actually is fantastic! My favourites include Xianghua (the maid outfit Embarassed ), Taki, and Setsuka who is the new character. Geisha assassin lady. :D

Oh, and I made a perfect replica of Motoko from the fist movie, and several from SAC. Along with Chroma, several other characters, a perfect Saito, and Motoko kid form from the end of the first movie! Very Happy They make me SO happy!

mm

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sonic
Special

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Setsuka is good. I learnt to play her too ^_^
Saito

Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got given a Dreamcast and told that SC was one of *the* games to play on it, especially if I could get a VGA adapter. I duly did both and was blown away. It's pretty darned good looking for it's age, and it's a blast to play Very Happy

In the Major we Trust...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elmo_Redux

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like SC III, but I'm terminally oldschool and require my fighting to be as flat as a pancake, none of this modern 3D jiggerypokery! I'll just have to wait for Street Fighter IV... Sad
Saito

Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't like the way the new Chun-Li looks (of course! I am hard to please Cool )

AARRGHH!! What did they do to her! :\ Yeh, I can see that your point there, she's gone from that tall, strong asian look to lkooking like something out of Girls Aloud Razz nd they covered her legs too, wth is this - are beat-em ups suddenly going all politically correct??

I did notice there's another Anime (The Chun-Li Story) which I gotta get my paws on. She always was my favourite character Smile

In the Major we Trust...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Video Games! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: