music question

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

HoverHell

music question

Post by HoverHell »

Hi All!
Question is: what classic-like music in GITS / GITS:SAC OST you can name? Like ones playing in beginning of 5th and 14th ep. of SAC2.
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Well the theme is rise by olga. and the song are mostly listed all over the net.

sac beginning = inner universe,
ending = lithum flower,
chat, chat, chat episode = get 9
HoverHell

Post by HoverHell »

I mean not overall beginning (intro in every episode), but music that starts after it. That's why I'm asking about 5th and 14th episodes, not all of them.
Additionally, what music is in the end (not ending) of 17th episode?
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Please describe the scenes - I can't remember everything by the episode number and I don't feel like rewatching, at the moment.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

the music at the beginning of 5th and 4th are both some of those strings sections they use when they're doing exposition via news broadcasts(the prime minister at the war memorial and the news being watched by the tachis in 'pokerface')... I can't find them on any of the soundtrack stuff i have though :?
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
HoverHell

Post by HoverHell »

Lightice wrote:Please describe the scenes - I can't remember everything by the episode number and I don't feel like rewatching, at the moment.
Like Elmo said, 5th ep. is "prime minister at the war memorial" and 14th ep. is "news being watched by the tachis in 'pokerface'".
I think it's really can be called "classic-like music".

17th ep.... Whoops, I meant 1st GiG's 17th. ep (about "wine fund" ("The truth is in the wine")), last scene.
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Episode 4
Tachikoma Chase Scene - Cyberbird, Music - Yoko Kanno, Lyrics - Tim Jensen, Vocal - Steve Conte, Vocal - Gabriela Robin

(Note: Music also played in Episode 24 Helicopter Infiltration Scene)
Christmas in the silent forest also featured .
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

Hover, are you talking about classical-style type of music? I like the music that plays while Section 9 is dealing with Kuze for the first time.

And Batou's fight with Kuze had cool music too. Anyone know which OSTs have those tracks? i'd like to buy them!