Two Stand Alone Complex DVDs won best DVD award

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Two Stand Alone Complex DVDs won best DVD award

Post by Motoko2030 »

On the Anime on DVD website, they get their members to vote on the DVD that was outstanding during that month and then the DVD that wins gets the title of Best DVD for that month, the two Stand Alone Complex DVDs that have won Best DVD are Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Volume 1 and Stand Alone Complex Volume 7, here is a link to all of the DVDs that have won http://www.animeondvd.com/interactive/bestdvd.php
bobert2999

Post by bobert2999 »

thanx for the link motoko2030. say, ive never seen that cover for volume 7 before, is it from the british cover or something?...
"Knoledge without apllication is useless. But the ultimate application, is the use of knoledge..."

half me, half manga technique book i read once
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Link doesn't work for me....
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Black Mamba, try copying the link and pasting it in the browser that you use.

Yes, the cover of SAC volume 7 is the British cover.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:Black Mamba, try copying the link and pasting it in the browser that you use.

Yes, the cover of SAC volume 7 is the British cover.
Works now, thanks.

Not much really to say. Yay for Stand Alone Complex and a pat on the back for its committee. Good to see the US is appriciating just a complex anime.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I didn't want to create a new topic for this, so I will use this topic for awards that the Wizard Entertainment Anime Insider magazine awarded to SAC 2nd Gig

Best Heroine goes to Motoko Kusanagi
Best Tear jerking moment (involves the Tachikomas in the second season)
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Best Tear jerking moment (involves the Tachikomas in the second season)
Don't tell me they sacrifice themselves again.

Really, don't tell me. I hate spoilers, I just hope they don't do it agian.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I haven't seen all of season 2, so I couldn't tell you what happens to the Tachikomas, they are the funniest characters in a cyberpunk anime series that I have seen

By the way, on the Stand Alone Complex playing cards that come with the limited edition of SAC 2nd Gig Volume 2, the Tachikomas plays the role of the Joker and Motoko Kusanagi plays the role of the Queen.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

By the way, on the Stand Alone Complex playing cards that come with the limited edition of SAC 2nd Gig Volume 2, the Tachikomas plays the role of the Joker and Motoko Kusanagi plays the role of the Queen.
The special editions have some kool items. If anyone buys this and doesn't want the playing cards I'll consider buying them off ya :)
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Volume 3 special edition will have two mini models of Motoko and a Tachikoma.
MotokoTachikoma

Post by MotokoTachikoma »

Hello! :)

I think that it is great that the DVDs won an award. I am new here and to Ghost in the Shell.

I have a copy of the first volume US 2nd Gig and I have a question. On the back of my copy it says that there is a Textless Opening. I have looked but I can not find it. Did they put it on the DVD?

Thanks!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I had the same problem with my sac 2nd Gig volume 1, I think that was a misprint on the back cover of the DVD saying that the DVD will have this feature, when it doesn't.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Maybe try pressing the subtitle button during the opening? Just a thought, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I think it depends on which episeode you are watching. One episode will have the subtitles giving you exactly what's being sung, sometimes you'll get the translation, and I guess you also get the textless opening beofore an episode if it isn't in the extras submenu.
Oh well.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

simon's ghost wrote:I think it depends on which episeode you are watching. One episode will have the subtitles giving you exactly what's being sung, sometimes you'll get the translation, and I guess you also get the textless opening beofore an episode if it isn't in the extras submenu.
Thats how the 1st gig DVDs are.