New Solid State Society trailer released online

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

New Solid State Society trailer released online

Post by Motoko2030 »

The Production IG Clappa! website has released a new trailer for Solid State Society at http://clappa.jp/special/003/special_003_02.html

Everyone should go to that site and watch the trailer, it looks so amazing.
H-street

Post by H-street »

nice..

sounds like its going to be another excellent sound track too (if that is any indication)
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

and the release date is not too far away! great news!
Oh well.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

looks great, can't wait. :( have to limit myself to one trailer viewing thought, t'was a bit spoiler heavy, might sus' too much out if i watch it again.

That release date seems so far away... :(

/me starts shaking from GitS withdrawal.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The trailer looks really great but it is a heavy on the spoilers; I hope Motoko has more screen time than just a cameo role.

The music track doing the trailer is the best so far, it would be great if a Solid State Society soundtrack CD was release.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Motoko2030 wrote:The trailer looks really great but it is a heavy on the spoilers; I hope Motoko has more screen time than just a cameo role.

Considering just how many scenes in the trailer feature her, it would be one hell of a cameo-role.

Looking good...I can hardly wait...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
james_sb

Post by james_sb »

From all the previous series stuff, even if the story line was isolating the major in the second series, the marketing was clear that Motoko was the main charactor [I don't know anything about the manga, but doesn't the writer have a thing for female lead roles]

Everything, from the gratuitously revealing clothes to the positioning of her on the front of most of the dvd covers. They obviously realise there's alot of interest in Major's character. Now, I know they blew all that with GITS 2:Innocence, but this is the series. Surely they can't be that foolish.. twice.

That was a pretty enticing promo there. Liked the music too. Pretty I couldn't understand a word of what the guy was saying
Are you ANTI-POP?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Yes, Masamune Shirow had a thing for making the lead role of his manga series be a female. But in SAC, the director at the beginning always had big ideas for Togusa, he would be the person that the audience would admire since he is like a bridge that connects our world to the world of Ghost in the Shell.

Even though Motoko Kusanagi is not the field commander anymore and not the main character, I am still going to watch it. If SSS will be a success, Production IG might make a third series and maybe the Major will be back at Section 9.
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

It's about time Togusa got his own movie :-P

Fear the mullet!
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

jerryku wrote:It's about time Togusa got his own movie :-P
Well, perhaps it'll be like in the second movie: 50/50 between Togusa and Batou most of the time, and some scenes with Motoko.

One thing is sure: she's gonna fight against a huge robot again! :twisted:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Thanks for the people that said it was spoiler heavy! :cry: I'm tormenting myself by not reading anything about it, just as I'm doing with 2nd gig, since I'm still not done, until they release the last DVD.

Poor Marto and his good patience!

marto_motoko
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I personally hope that in SSS, Motoko has more screen time than she did in Innocence.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote:I personally hope that in SSS, Motoko has more screen time than she did in Innocence.

... :roll: Well, technically Motoko didn't have any. We only had the new prosthetic body she got at the end of the first movie appear twice, a white haired lady with a cat in her backpack that Motoko hacked most likely, and a Gynoid that was being hacked. But we have no clue how she looked in person now. :(

marto_motoko
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?