Paranoia Agent

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

shadowferret

Paranoia Agent

Post by shadowferret »

I love this Anime~ <3 <3 <3

Directed by Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, I think), it's a psychological thriller about Shonen Bat (Lil' Slugger), a boy who is attacking people with a golden bat. The catch is....each of his victims, at the time of their assaults, have been in a state of emotional surrender, have been emotionally cornered, with no way out. To them, Lil' Slugger symbolizes peace of mind and an escape from the harsh reality that is life. However, it also seems that Maromi, the cartoon dog created by the first victim, Tsukiko Sagi, is also an escape from reality for people. What is their link?

I love this anime....it's only 13 episodes, but it's still awesome. I'm in the process of recording each one on DVD....

I highly recommend Paranoia Agent. Ghost in The Shell fans will be able to appreciate the psychology between the terror th epeople feel as Shonen Bat attacks them.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

i like the goofy guy who thinks he's one of the action heroes in his favorite manga, but he's just a thief. i like the part when lil' slugger whacks him, but instead of going unconscious like everyone else. he runs up and starts pounding on the kid! made me laugh anyway....
i liked the story, very cerebral. i love satoshi kon's millenium actress.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I agree with you in alot that you said shadowferret. I really enjoyed Paranoi Agent as well. Satoshi Kon has that ability to make the viewer say "ok, this makes perfect sense; I just don't get it at all".

His works are really confusing, yet if watched enough you can begin to make sense of them.