For those who have read The Lost Memory (contain spoiler)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

headpower

For those who have read The Lost Memory (contain spoiler)

Post by headpower »

OK i got quite confuse, the helocipter guy, who goes around and sell those fake memory- a realie . I dont understand how the brain washing work, so is it the fake memory that is the brain washing device or is it something . Also those big ass machine that botau and togusa discovered,i thought they are the brain washing device. So there is 2 brain washing device. A realie and the one batou discovered. I got quite confuse. And what's da relationship with the helicopter gut with Red Sand, Soyama and the guy that the Major has to protect.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

//////!SPOILER WARNING!//////
The pilot, Shigeru Sakimi a.k.a. The Memorist, created the ghost hacking program in memorium of his son, that he himself had killed when he destroyed JNA 123. Sakimi acquired his son's memory and encoded it with the Good Morning Terrorist program, only working on those born the same year as his son, otherwise the "realie" would only be "Private Lesson with Foxy Teacher." So it's a brain washing program embedded into the realie. The Memorist was also the cyberbrain district dealer because they found residual memories of the brainwashed teenagers in the cyberbrains of the individuals Batou and Togusa discover in the airplane hanger. As for the setup in the hanger, it's probably a device the Memorist used to create the realie as well as transfer his consciousness to the cyber bodies...before he was killed.
The Red Sand bought The Memorist's realie and Najif, covertly working with the Red Sand, played the role of anti-drug/ poverty/ terrorism spokesperson and intended for the Good Morning Terrorists to hijack the plane for money...he was the insider leak the whole time which was why the Good Morning Terrorists knew every security detail that Section 9 fought to keep a secret. What Najif didn't know, was that the Memorist really intended to use the Good Morning Terrorists to shed light on the JNA 123 incident--that the Memorist was once ordered to eliminate a domestic flight that was being hijacked, and that the incident was covered up.
/////*END SPOILER TRANSMISSION*/////
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Spoiler

So did anyone catch the mistake in the kid's timeline? (I cant think of his name Yo something.) He says he just got his cyberbrain, but then in the realie parlor he talks about going to see dreamies when he was 14. He mentions that the cyber plugs etc were the same as the dreamies parlors.

Maybe there was some redeaming thing, but I think they just messed up.
Oops.

Spoiler
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
havoc110

Post by havoc110 »

Also when Batou and Togusa are at the warehouse in Komatsu, the special forces crew arrives and someone thinks:

"Sakami had ratted them out."

But the connections between the pilot and his identity and history had not yet been made...

Maybe another editing glitch.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I have also found that Seburo is misspelled, in the novel, it is written as sebro.

Despite these editing errors, I still enjoyed reading this novel, it reads just like an episode of Stand Alone Complex and I could see a SAC movie based upon this novel.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Girrr. I haven't read the novel yet, but editing and translation errors make me really angry.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Jeni, when you have the time, you should read the novel, it is a good read. At least, in this novel, they call cyberbrain "cyberbrain" and not "e-brain" like in the Innocence: The Long Goodbye" novel, that e-brain reference made me angry.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

aw I liked e-brain ;) the cyber- prefix is so overused...
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Elmo wrote:aw I liked e-brain ;) the cyber- prefix is so overused...
I agree. And outdated too. :)