Re: Cartoon Network may start "1st Gig" again next

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

CanisD

Re: Cartoon Network may start "1st Gig" again next

Post by CanisD »

Looking at my on screen TV guide so kindly provided by Time Warner, when it works, it looks like next Sunday morning's episode is "Section 9" which would be episode 1 of the first season. They've moved it up a half hour to midnight. That would put the repeat at around 3.
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

awesome. Now I can actually catch up. I've seen the first 13 or so episodes of first gig.

Now that I have cable TV I can take over the world!

BWAHAHA

I mean watch SAC
shadowferret

Post by shadowferret »

^Reminded me of Pinky And The brain....

Well, that's just awesome.
Now I can watch every episode...
CanisD

Post by CanisD »

Adult Swim's schedule is now very confusing. One the GitS page on their site they have removed the weekend showings all together, just leaving the Wed Night/Thurs Morning showings of 2nd Gig. Their overall schedule chart shows GitS at midnight Sunday am. So, GitS may be on this weekend, or it may not. My on-screen guide has removed it, but there is some indication on the AS board that its still on and the individual show schedules are wrong. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose...
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

CanisD wrote:Adult Swim's schedule is now very confusing. One the GitS page on their site they have removed the weekend showings all together, just leaving the Wed Night/Thurs Morning showings of 2nd Gig. Their overall schedule chart shows GitS at midnight Sunday am. So, GitS may be on this weekend, or it may not. My on-screen guide has removed it, but there is some indication on the AS board that its still on and the individual show schedules are wrong. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose...
That's what I've always hated about adult swim. they change their schedule every other week and then the only way to find out what's on is to watch the crappy shows like futurama they show every night and then hope that in one of the commercial breaks they show a schedule.

::is bitter that now that she has cable she can't find out when GITS is on::
CanisD

Post by CanisD »

It appears more and more likely now that GitS will not be airing tonight, apparently being replaced with "Korgoth of Barbaria". Originally they had moved Eureka 7 to 1:30 but now the main Cartoon Network schedule has it at 12 again, and no GitS tonight. AS's long range schedule has E7 at 1:30 and GitS at midnight starting tonight, but the preponderance of the evidence points to no GitS. No idea about next weekend, but Kargoth does seem to be a one time thing.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

This is awsome. I own all the dvds, but am extremely lazy. Now I can follow each episode with my official log. It will be like watching it all in a new way.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Adult Swim is airing the first season of Stand Alone Complex on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 12:30 am, it started on Sunday June 11th with the airing of the Section 9 episode (Series premier)

It is good to see that AS is airing the old episodes for those fans who watched the second airing of the first season but didn't get to see the last few episodes sue to AS pulling SAC from the schedule.
CanisD

Post by CanisD »

There's no guarantee they won't do that again. Once August comes around they seem to be planning major schedule changes. I know the long term schedule moves Eureka 7 to 12:30. No idea where GitS will be.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Adult Swim repeated the Testation episode, the second episode from the first season. Maybe AS will air all 26 episodes from the first season.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Motoko2030 wrote:Adult Swim repeated the Testation episode, the second episode from the first season. Maybe AS will air all 26 episodes from the first season.
Yah I just watched it last night. It made me adore Batou and the Tachikomas even more than I did when I watched the subtitled version.
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
crappy shows like futurama
:

*Gripps heart as if shot, falls to floor* Blasphemy! Blasphemy!
futurama is the most wonderful snarky sci fi comentary show ever!
*fake dies in elaboratly overdone way*
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama