2nd gig recives MA rating?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Thats awesome. I'm kind of new to Ghost in the Shell, and I plan on getting the entire series once I get the money. I really need to see Innocence first though.
No you don't. Spend your money on S.A.C first.
Last night's episode called Cash Eye had a TV-14 rating, so it looks like Adult Swim is doing the age rating on an episode to episode bases.
I noticed that too. But then again that episode had practically no violence.

Cash Eye kinda reminded me of the movie "Ocean's Eleven" a bit.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I read somewhere that the SAC team were inspired by Ocean Eleven, that they used that inspiration in the episode.

What did people think of the Hawaiian shirt that Batou was wearing at the end of the episode.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I read somewhere that the SAC team were inspired by Ocean Eleven, that they used that inspiration in the episode.
I knew it! It didn't just remind me of Oceans Eleven, I noticed sudden similarities.

Like the way *spoiler* broke into the bank the 2nd time.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Yeah, they said it in the interview, that Ocean's 11 was the inspiration. And indeed, I noticed in the first time I watched it, how so many things seemed exactly like in the said movie - especially Major's sudden appearance from the elevator shaft and the appearance of the vault, itself. And ofcourse the fact, that even the viewer was decieved to the last minute.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

What were everyone's thoughts of last night episode called Natural Enemy, the episode where we first meet Gouda?

Adult Swim is offering Stand Alone Complex season 1 episodes for free on Comcast On Demand.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:What were everyone's thoughts of last night episode called Natural Enemy, the episode where we first meet Gouda?
Throughout the whole episode I was thinking "wtf?". I would really like to hear others opinions on this, because its the one episode so far where I have no idea whats going on.

This Gouda guys seems pretty nuts.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Black Mamba wrote: Throughout the whole episode I was thinking "wtf?". I would really like to hear others opinions on this, because its the one episode so far where I have no idea whats going on.

Well, you're not supposed to. It's the introductory episode to the mystery, so it's questions will be answered only later...

Really? When I first saw him, I didn't get quite that kind of vibes. He's nasty-looking, ofcourse, but seems quite efficent in what he does. I was a little dissapointed to learn that he's a villain - he looks so much like one, that it would have been fun to see the cliché upturned.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Lightice wrote:
Black Mamba wrote: Throughout the whole episode I was thinking "wtf?". I would really like to hear others opinions on this, because its the one episode so far where I have no idea whats going on.

Well, you're not supposed to. It's the introductory episode to the mystery, so it's questions will be answered only later...

Really? When I first saw him, I didn't get quite that kind of vibes. He's nasty-looking, ofcourse, but seems quite efficent in what he does. I was a little dissapointed to learn that he's a villain - he looks so much like one, that it would have been fun to see the cliché upturned.
Thanks. He seems like the kind out outcast who puts himself out there, which is why I saw him to be weird. However the whole episode structure confuses me. Does the whole Individual Eleven thing spread beyond episode one? What was up with Cash Eye? Could that be called a completely stand alone episode?