Episode 25: This Side of Justice

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

miki-chan

Episode 25: This Side of Justice

Post by miki-chan »

...I think I got the title right?
Yay, Togusa gets to do some serious kicking of butts and rescue the P.M. (Aramaki cops a feel! Ecchi! :twisted: )
Proto's alive, if not kicking. And Batou solves a situation diplomatically :shock: and now he's off to rescue Motoko again.
Could someone remind me please where Ishikawa and the tachikoma are headed with that plutonium? I can't believe that they're gonna tie up all these separate threads in the next ep (this is the penultimate, is it not?).
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
douyang

Post by douyang »

What do you mean "Aramaki cops a feel"? That's just gross. :oops:

I found it a little unbelievable how Togusa knocked those guys out so easily. Why didn't they draw their weapons the instant they saw him? He didn't even need his gun there.

Kuze's revolution is basically the overriding theme shared by all the Gits mangas, movies, and series. The evolution of the human species to the point they no longer need physical bodies. We already see this happening to a smaller extent with the widespread use of prosthetic bodies and parts rendering people independent of their original organic forms, and the advent of cyberbrains and external memory storage devices that allow the storage of parts of oneself outside the body.

Ishikawa's heading to Spring 8, the nuclear research institute, to hand in the plutonium as evidence of Gouda's involvement.
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

What do you mean "Aramaki cops a feel"? That's just gross.
Just a tasteless joke on my part, douyang--he only pats Kayabuki reassuringly on the arm. But he's totally teh dirty ol' man in SAC, isn't he? Lets Motoko perch on his desk in her skimpy outfits, snuggles with that pretty young wine bank manager in "Angel's Share"...
Kuze's revolution is basically the overriding theme shared by all the Gits mangas, movies, and series. The evolution of the human species to the point they no longer need physical bodies.
Yes, his speech to Motoko almost sounds like he wants the refugees to be able to do what the Puppetmaster ended up doing in the movies and the manga--leave the body behind and become pure disembodied consciousnesses. Yet at the same time he also seems to think that body and ghost are inseperable in a sense? (Good topic for the philosophy section of the forum!)
Ishikawa's heading to Spring 8, the nuclear research institute, to hand in the plutonium as evidence of Gouda's involvement.
Thanks! :D
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Aramaki is a perfect gentleman. And his look rules too (for an old guy). 8)
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Sylphisonic wrote:And his look rules too (for an old guy). 8)

Because everyone loves men who look like Japanese snow monkeys! :D
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

I think he looks more like a leprachaun, myself... :wink:
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

This episode was another great episode, the storyline is coming to an end in the next episode, from Batou stopping the rangers from killing them and persuading them to join their side to take the nuclear bomb to the UN inspectors.

So Kuze's plan for the refugees is to make their ghosts leave the physical world and live in the web, this is very similar to the theme of other cyberpunk films that I have seen before.